PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts for Chile

MindSz
February 27th, 2010, 05:22 PM
We just got hit by a massive quake (8.5 Richter) . My thoughts go to the families of the people who's either dead or injured. So far 122 deaths.

I hope it doesn't get worse. At least we have electricity and internet. Phones are either dead or collapsed, but a call gets out every now and again. So use the internet!!!

TuckLive
February 27th, 2010, 08:32 PM
Glad your ok. Hope your family is well also.

lisati
February 27th, 2010, 08:58 PM
My thoughts go out to the people in Chile too. All the best!

There's Tsunami alert out for the East Coast of New Zealand too as a result, apparently around about now (9a.m.) but what I've heard so far is that the effects of what's come in so far is that it's not nearly as dramatic or scary.

Lux Perpetua
February 27th, 2010, 09:23 PM
That's terrible news. Once again, the Earth makes sure we know who's really running the place...

My area is also on tsunami alert, but huge waves aren't expected; the advisory is mostly about dangerous currents at the moment. However, Hawaii is bracing for some powerful waves...

RabbitWho
February 27th, 2010, 10:18 PM
It's hard to know what to write and not have it seem empty.

My thoughts are with the people there.

MindSz
February 28th, 2010, 03:00 AM
Around 220 dead now.

At least in Santiago we still have electricity and drinking water. I hope the tsunamis dont hit our nazca/pacific-plate neighbors too hard.

Kai69
February 28th, 2010, 03:05 AM
Hope your family are all ok at least you have a way to comunicate to the outside world my thoughts are with you.