PDA

View Full Version : Acess Point Vs bridge

mamamia88
February 27th, 2010, 05:04 PM
can someone help me out? i want to get my 360 that is in my basement connected to xbox live without spending a fortune. which would be the better option? also if i go with acess point do i need to buy a pair of them?

samalex
February 27th, 2010, 07:00 PM
can someone help me out? i want to get my 360 that is in my basement connected to xbox live without spending a fortune. which would be the better option? also if i go with acess point do i need to buy a pair of them?

A friend of mine just bought a Linksys WAP54G (http://www.linksysbycisco.com/US/en/products/WAP54G) to do about the same thing. It can be a wireless repeater or a bridge, and I think you can pick it up for about $65-$70 on New Egg or cheaper on EBay.

Sam

mamamia88
February 27th, 2010, 11:28 PM
so how well does that work?

cariboo
February 27th, 2010, 11:54 PM
I use an old SMC router in my shop that is hard wired to a Linksys wrt54GS in my house. I just gave it a static ip address and turned of DHCP, it works great.

mamamia88
February 28th, 2010, 12:35 AM
well i purchased a madcatz wireless adaptor on ebay for $50 and apparantely i had $17 in my paypal balance i had no idea about so i really only spent $33. hope it works ok don't want to give ms any more money