PDA

View Full Version : got me a droid

chucky chuckaluck
February 27th, 2010, 04:44 PM
yeah whatever, google-haters (they know who you are and what your product preferences are). anyway, it looks like I have to take back all the rotten things I've said about phones (just as I once had to about computers). So far, my favorite apps are hearts, ak-47 and, oddly, the phone app (imagine that).

konqueror7
February 27th, 2010, 04:49 PM
good thing! planning to buy one too. there's is nothing bad of having google really have a little more information about you, as long you've got nothing to hide.

where did you bought it? plan or open?

steveneddy
February 27th, 2010, 04:57 PM
The phone app in my favorite, too.

I'm still in Blackberry Land looking on in awe at those of you with a really cool phone with the touch screen and great graphics.

I got a bunch of buttons. Does that count?

SomeGuyDude
February 27th, 2010, 05:01 PM
Gonna get one in July, myself. How does it interact with Linux?

chucky chuckaluck
February 27th, 2010, 05:02 PM
verizon. mrs. chuckaluck already had a plan (she qualifies for a corporate discount). (note: please direct all questions about the plan to my minister of finance, the afore mentioned mrs. chuckaluck.)

chucky chuckaluck
February 27th, 2010, 05:18 PM

haven't tried yet. the salesperson, who had actually heard of this linux thing, said it shouldn't be a problem, but this is my first phone, so I wouldn't know what to wonder.

@steve - i got me some buttons too, buddy!

DeadSuperHero
February 27th, 2010, 05:31 PM
I've heard nothing but good things about the Droid, though I'm thinking of going with the Nexus One when Verizon picks it up. (Should be soon, I recall reading an article that said the CDMA version of the Nexus One passed through the FCC)

Anyways, good for you, Chucky.

steveneddy
February 27th, 2010, 11:13 PM
haven't tried yet. the salesperson, who had actually heard of this linux thing, said it shouldn't be a problem, but this is my first phone, so I wouldn't know what to wonder.

@steve - i got me some buttons too, buddy!

I was almost in your neighborhood last week. Would have liked to see the phone in person.

yabbadabbadont
February 27th, 2010, 11:34 PM
I was almost in your neighborhood last week. Would have liked to see the phone in person.

He would have just waved his hand and said that it wasn't the droid that you were looking for...

gnomeuser
February 28th, 2010, 02:12 AM

It's supported in Banshee and I suspect f-spot should also pick it up.

Android phones are generally very well supported under Linux

steveneddy
February 28th, 2010, 03:33 AM
He would have just waved his hand and said that it wasn't the droid that you were looking for...

Well played sir, well played. I extinguish my light sabre in respect to your Jedi prowess.

chucky chuckaluck
March 1st, 2010, 12:59 AM
ooooooooh, star wars. U guys are nerds.