PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu/Kubuntu/Edubuntu

PenguinMan
March 9th, 2006, 02:42 AM
Today, I have made the decision to support the installation of Ubuntu/Kubuntu/Edubuntu on our forthcoming SeaScape computers. Choice is good in the Linux world... :D

By next week we should have the information up on the website. Right now, there are only the Main and Home pages up. When I receive the approval from Ubuntu as an Ubuntu Affiliate, I will issue a press release and update the website information.

Ubuntu sent me 150 copies of Ubuntu 5.10 for installation on our systems. Does anyone know if Kubuntu/Edubuntu CD-ROMs are available? That would be great if I could get some...

Bandit
March 9th, 2006, 02:53 AM
Today, I have made the decision to support the installation of Ubuntu/Kubuntu/Edubuntu on our forthcoming SeaScape computers. Choice is good in the Linux world... :D

By next week we should have the information up on the website. Right now, there are only the Main and Home pages up. When I receive the approval from Ubuntu as an Ubuntu Affiliate, I will issue a press release and update the website information.

Ubuntu sent me 150 copies of Ubuntu 5.10 for installation on our systems. Does anyone know if Kubuntu/Edubuntu CD-ROMs are available? That would be great if I could get some...

Currently there are no ShipIt CDs for Kubuntu and Edubuntu.
BTW, I woulds remove the link to your site if I was you. It can be considered advertising and is not allowed.

xequence
March 9th, 2006, 02:57 AM
It can be considered advertising and is not allowed.

Come on, lighten up =P

Choice is good in the Linux world...

Yep =P

Today, I have made the decision to support the installation of Ubuntu/Kubuntu/Edubuntu on our forthcoming SeaScape computers

Good choice =O

PenguinMan
March 9th, 2006, 02:59 AM
Sorry... I will remove the link. Just thought I would let you guys know about this...

bjweeks
March 9th, 2006, 03:01 AM
Sorry... Will remove the link. Just thought I would let you guys know...

You should post in the Community Market about your computer...

PenguinMan
March 9th, 2006, 03:03 AM
You should post in the Community Market about your computer...

OK... Thank you for the advice. I am relatively new here so I still have to find my way around the forums. LOL

When the computers are ready with Ubuntu/Kubuntu I will post something there.

Bandit
March 9th, 2006, 04:23 AM
Glad you did choose Ubuntu. Its the best distro out IMHO.
Sorry if I sounded kinda blunt. I use many Linux BBS forums and most of them do not allow advirtising.
I just didnt want you to be kicked out on your first post. :)
Cheers,
Joey

majikstreet
March 9th, 2006, 10:27 PM
what's seascape? link? i know you removed it but really it's not really advertising

PenguinMan
April 2nd, 2006, 01:37 AM
what's seascape? link? i know you removed it but really it's not really advertising
I posted something in the Community Market forum...

http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=884757#post884757:) (http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=884757#post884757:%29)