PDA

View Full Version : Finally!

dragos240
February 26th, 2010, 10:26 PM
We people of the north east coast are suffering from lack of electricity, a HUGE storm hit here, we have been without it since last night. Entire trees were rooted by this storm. But I'm back now.

-grubby
February 26th, 2010, 10:32 PM
It would be cool if Ubuntu Forums were ajaxy and you could see new posts being added as the person clicked submit without refreshing.

Oh, and yeah, power outages suck. Did any of the food in your fridge go bad?

dragos240
February 26th, 2010, 10:41 PM
It would be cool if Ubuntu Forums were ajaxy and you could see new posts being added as the person clicked submit without refreshing.

Oh, and yeah, power outages suck. Did any of the food in your fridge go bad?

Nope, we kept the door shut, none of the cool got out, so it was okay for the moment. It's nice to be back! The whole district got a huge power outage.

dragos240
February 27th, 2010, 07:34 PM
Anyone else here? Anyone else hit by the storm in the north east?

blueshiftoverwatch
February 27th, 2010, 07:40 PM
Interesting, I've never seen a forum like that. I guess it's the same concept as most webmail services use to show emails as they come in without having to F5.

Greg
February 27th, 2010, 08:24 PM
Interesting, I've never seen a forum like that. I guess it's the same concept as most webmail services use to show emails as they come in without having to F5.

Gaia does it...

Yes
February 27th, 2010, 08:32 PM
Anyone else here? Anyone else hit by the storm in the north east?

It wasn't bad at all down here in Philly, although I got one and a half days off of school because of it.

dragos240
February 27th, 2010, 08:45 PM
It wasn't bad at all down here in Philly, although I got one and a half days off of school because of it.

We got Friday. You know it's strange, it FEELS like there still is no power when you walk into the living room.

Hwæt
February 27th, 2010, 09:06 PM
Nope, we kept the door shut, none of the cool got out, so it was okay for the moment.

Lucky you. You wouldn't have wanted to be anywhere near my deep freeze when hurricane Ike hit. We had no electricity for a week, and well, the Texas heat isn't kind to raw meat.

dragos240
February 27th, 2010, 09:14 PM
Well I am back at my other house, which had been hit a bit worse, so there was a few things that didn't go over well, like the milk, but at my other house, everything was fine.

chris200x9
February 27th, 2010, 09:29 PM
Gaia does it...

my forums do it :P