PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Can't boot ubuntu 9.10

ImTheBatman
February 25th, 2010, 08:05 PM
I can't boot Ubuntu 9.10 on this computer (on my other computer it works fine). When I try to run it from the CD or USB I see a screen full of colored lines, and when I try to use safe graphics I get to the shell but the whole screen is blinking and I can't type any command. Anyone knows how to solve it? My graphics card is GeForce 7300 LE and on my other computer (the one that can run Ubuntu find) has an on-board graphics card.

dabl
February 25th, 2010, 08:36 PM
Try a "xforcevesa" boot option.

presence1960
February 25th, 2010, 09:04 PM
I can't boot Ubuntu 9.10 on this computer (on my other computer it works fine). When I try to run it from the CD or USB I see a screen full of colored lines, and when I try to use safe graphics I get to the shell but the whole screen is blinking and I can't type any command. Anyone knows how to solve it? My graphics card is GeForce 7300 LE and on my other computer (the one that can run Ubuntu find) has an on-board graphics card.

At the menu from the Live CD/USB hit F4 and choose safe graphics mode. here is a link for that and more boot options: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BootOptions