PDA

View Full Version : Acer Aspire 5515 Laptop - Vista booting from CD, how?

MrGameInsiders
February 25th, 2010, 03:39 PM
Hello everyone.
I am posting this thread today, hoping to find some answers.

In advance, I have tried the following techniques to try and boot from CD on my Acer Aspire 5515 laptop:

Change SATA information to Native in BIOS.
Set the Boot order for the CD/DVD Drive to start first, along with Main driver starting second.

INFORMATION

My laptop is an Acer Aspire 5515.
BIOS Version is V1.0 (latest) from Acer.
PhoenixBIOS bios (? (http://www.answers.com/topic/phoenix-bios)).

PROBLEM

I have still not been successfully able to boot from CD.
No matter if it says to boot from CD/DVD Drive first, it skips on to Main driver and starts Windows.
It's not because I didn't burn the .ISO image right, because it worked on my desktop, which is ALSO an Acer, an Acer Aspire T180.
Maybe does anyone have any solutions?

GOAL

What I am trying to do, is install Windows XP Professional, and dual-boot it with my Windows Vista. Only thing is, it WON'T boot from CD.

I am really looking forward to the possible solutions to this problem.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me.

NOTE: To everyone who helps me, gets free POPCORN! :D :popcorn: And a Mario star :KS

ENJOY!

And please help me. :(

MrGameInsiders
February 25th, 2010, 03:52 PM
:BUMP:

Someone help me!

MrGameInsiders
February 25th, 2010, 04:16 PM
Oh my god! PLEASE!
Somebody HAS to know something!
Come on! :(:(:(

MrGameInsiders
February 25th, 2010, 05:14 PM
Come on, people!

MrGameInsiders
February 26th, 2010, 03:31 PM
Someone has to know something!

Ratchet--
February 26th, 2010, 03:55 PM
Okay.
1) This is UBUNTU forums, not windows forums.
2) Don't continuously bump a thread, it will just get you banned from the forums
3) I have no idea, go bug microsoft.

MrGameInsiders
February 27th, 2010, 06:45 PM
Okay.
1) This is UBUNTU forums, not windows forums.
2) Don't continuously bump a thread, it will just get you banned from the forums
3) I have no idea, go bug microsoft.

Maybe if you weren't so quick to judgement, you would notice the title of the thread has [other_os].. which if you didn't know means "Other Operating System".

gadolinio
February 27th, 2010, 08:28 PM
Maybe if you weren't so quick to judgement, you would notice the title of the thread has [other_os].. which if you didn't know means "Other Operating System".

Maybe the "other os" tag refers to problems regarding an interaction between ubuntu and another OS.. That way, both the tag and the fact of being inside ubuntu forums would be adequate.
No intention to be rude, but this thread has absolutely nothing to do with ubuntu, and some users might not like entering a thread in order to help ubuntu users - and then finding out this is not the case.
By bumping so many times i'm afraid you might interfere with the forum's objective, and you are also not very likely to find here the answer you're looking for.
There must be some forum where your question can be solved...
Good luck! =)