PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Namoroka : Firefox extesion creating problem

anuraggautam
February 25th, 2010, 12:13 PM
Hi.

I have upgraded my system browser to Namoroka (Namoroka/3.6.2pre) from firefox (3.0).

But it is creating many problem on my browsers. Like i am not able to open new orkut just because they support only firefox and also i am not able to watch facebook videos (It always says certain video is unavailable but at the same point of time it is available in other browsers).

It is also consuming so much process while i run any normal JavaScript pages like gmail,orkut,facebook,youtube etc ..

Can you please suggest me how to get rid from this issue as i am getting frustrated from this browsers.

Also do tell me can i remove this browser from my system and install original firefox , what changes do i need to do on my system.Currently i am using Ubuntu 9.10 .

Hope from the earliest response from your side !

Regards,
Anurag

crichard
February 25th, 2010, 04:11 PM
Also do tell me can i remove this browser from my system and install original firefox , what changes do i need to do on my system.Currently i am using Ubuntu 9.10 .
Goto Synaptic Package Mangager and uninstall the firefox but do not delete .mozilla directory on your home partition. If you want to install firefox from mozilla.com, follow this post http://surferzworld.com/?p=193 (http://surferzworld.com/?p=193)

anuraggautam
February 26th, 2010, 07:09 AM
Will this installation is going to help in controling the high process onf my system & will make me able to watch facebook videos & new orkut.

crichard
February 26th, 2010, 01:00 PM
Yes, It will. Namoroka does not support new orkut theme and also few compatible issues with addons because of its browser signature. Try my link on the previous post.

babygenius55
March 27th, 2010, 12:31 PM
This didn't work for me, I'm still getting the namoroka name and problems. I can't chat on facebook, and there are other things that I'm not able to do. this sucks.