stephenmac7
February 25th, 2010, 12:57 AM
How do I install the Fedora liveusb-creator from tar.bz2:confused:

wojox
February 25th, 2010, 01:05 AM
What's wrong with your Ubuntu one?

stephenmac7
February 25th, 2010, 01:16 AM
It does not put feroda on a usb, only ubuntu, I want to install fedora on a external so I can use both fedora 12 and Ubuntu 9.10

stephenmac7
March 7th, 2010, 03:18 AM
I was so blind...

Use dolphin to extract the file to make it easy in kubunu or openSUSE kde version
Ubuntu:
Downloads the tar.bz2 into /home/<your user name>/Downloads from fedorahosted.org/liveusb-creator then extract to folder and write

cd Downloads
cd liveusb-creator-<your version here>
sudo ./liveusb-creator
<your password here>

After you finish you can delete the files.
openSUSE:
Download the files to /home/<your user name>/Download, extract them to folder and write this in the command line:

cd Download
su
<your password here>
./liveusb-creator

That is a weird way to do this but it is easy and it works... so much better than a .bin file which I still have problems with...

Fersure
March 15th, 2010, 11:52 AM
And if you'd rather use the terminal to extract the .tar.bz2:

$ tar xjf /path/to/file.tar.bz2

stephenmac7
March 28th, 2010, 08:43 PM
I was so blind...

Use dolphin to extract the file to make it easy in kubunu or openSUSE kde version
Ubuntu:
Downloads the tar.bz2 into /home/<your user name>/Downloads from fedorahosted.org/liveusb-creator then extract to folder and write

cd Downloads
sudo ./liveusb-creator
<your password here>

After you finish you can delete the files.
openSUSE:
Download the files to /home/<your user name>/Download, extract them to folder and write this in the command line:

cd Download
su
<your password here>
./liveusb-creator

That is a weird way to do this but it is easy and it works... so much better than a .bin file which I still have problems with...

Actually that does not work, I still can't use the liveusb-creator the creator will open but it won't create anything.

N2G(bn#7+
June 3rd, 2012, 09:56 AM
You need to install some dependencies first.

sudo apt-get install python-parted isomd5sum python-pyisomd5sum python-urlgrabber extlinux
There are detailed instructions posted here: http://ifireball.wordpress.com/2011/10/14/running-fedoras-liveusb-creator-on-ubuntu/