PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Help Installing Xwax

StreetSermonz
February 24th, 2010, 07:53 PM
I am brand new to Ubuntu and Linux. I am having trouble installing programs, specifically xwax. I tried downloading it and extracting it. Tried finding it in the Synaptic Package Manager and installing it, but it didn't show up.

Please help! Again, I am a novice right now.

Thanks in advance. :confused:

n0dix
February 24th, 2010, 09:54 PM
What error do you have?

StreetSermonz
February 25th, 2010, 03:20 PM
No error message, just cannot find the program to execute. As I said, I am a novice who is used to Mac OSX and Windows XP and prior.

Any step by step tutorials available?

Does anyone have xwax installed? Or can look at the program and check it out for me?

Thanks.

StreetSermonz
February 25th, 2010, 10:26 PM
No error message, just cannot find the program to execute. As I said, I am a novice who is used to Mac OSX and Windows XP and prior.

Any step by step tutorials available?

Does anyone have xwax installed? Or can look at the program and check it out for me?

Thanks.

ok, I've been successful in installing other programs, but still nothing with xwax. I tried through the terminal and Synaptic Manager, and both times it says it is installed, but it is not showing up in the application menu, I've restarted the computer numerous times, tried reinstalling. Anybody know where it might be or how I might open the program if it has indeed installed? I need this program for DJing, don't want to have to go back to Windows again for Serato Scratch.....

n0dix
February 25th, 2010, 10:48 PM
Try in console,

whereis xwax
or

locate xwax

You run in console just?:

xwax

Mark Phelps
February 26th, 2010, 04:41 PM
... Any step by step tutorials available?

Try the link below:

http://www.xwax.co.uk/guide.html