PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] My Installation Freezes ( 9.10 )

Leoparddrengen
February 24th, 2010, 06:07 PM
Hi all -

I have to warn you I am quite new to Ubuntu. But yesterday I downloaded the ISO for 9.10, burned it and booted it from a Fujitsu Lifebook E7110.

Everything went smoothly, I said it should repartition everything, and it made 2 partitions on th 60 GB drive, a main partition at appx 57 GB and a swap partition for the rest.

Copies files, presents screens about Ubuntu. At appax 60% installed it shows a screen saying the installation is almost finished, at appx 80% the screen goes orange (ie the background). And then nothing happens. I have tried to wait for a very long time, but nothing happens.

Finally I turned it off, restarted, and tried to boot from the HD.

It says "Starting..." and then asks which partition to boot from (1-4).

If I press 1 or 2 it says "invalid" and 3 and 4 results in "empty".

I have tried the installation procedure several times since, I have also tried setting up the partions differently - but everytime it freezes at the end of the install.

Any hints as to what happens, and or what can be done about it?

(BTW, I tried the option to run Ubuntu without installing, and everything seems to be working fine doing that. I could even go online with Firefox.)

Any help is appreciated!

/Leoparddrengen

Leoparddrengen
February 25th, 2010, 01:07 AM
Is there any information I could supply, which would make it easier to answer what is going wrong?

Please?