PDA

View Full Version : Best Buy Getting Rid of wireless B/G?

Psumi
February 24th, 2010, 02:25 PM
I noticed that on some laptops, the wireless specifications only boast Wireless-N. I am sorry but, I am not willing to give up my PlayStation 3 just for a cool laptop, or are Wireless-Ns usually b/c with B/G?

wewantutopia
February 24th, 2010, 02:35 PM
N is b/c

Khakilang
February 24th, 2010, 02:40 PM
Unless you have some specific need of a Laptop than don't bother.

Psumi
February 24th, 2010, 03:02 PM
Unless you have some specific need of a Laptop than don't bother.

Well, I plan to replace my IBM ThinkPad T41 (512 MB RAM, 40 GB Harddrive, Wireless B that is slowly dying, 32 MB Video RAM, 1.60 GHz Single-Core NON-HT (So no logical cores)) in 3-4 years. By that time, I have a feeling they'll just say "Wireless-N" when they mean Wireless A/B/G/N if it is indeed b/c.

Khakilang
February 24th, 2010, 03:44 PM
Well, I plan to replace my IBM ThinkPad T41 (512 MB RAM, 40 GB Harddrive, Wireless B that is slowly dying, 32 MB Video RAM, 1.60 GHz Single-Core NON-HT (So no logical cores)) in 3-4 years. By that time, I have a feeling they'll just say "Wireless-N" when they mean Wireless A/B/G/N if it is indeed b/c.

Well my daughter is using IBM Thinkpad G40 Pentium 4 2.6GHz with 512MB RAM and a 40GB hard disk and I just install Ubuntu 9.10 for her. It don't have any wifi so I bought an Aztech Wifi adpter and its working great. Her use of the notebook is not heavy so I believe it will be for sometime that she will not change the notebook. Maybe you can upgrade your RAM to 1GB, change the hard disk and get a wifi adapter. I think that will perk you system up.:D

Psumi
February 24th, 2010, 04:01 PM
Well my daughter is using IBM Thinkpad G40 Pentium 4 2.6GHz with 512MB RAM and a 40GB hard disk and I just install Ubuntu 9.10 for her. It don't have any wifi so I bought an Aztech Wifi adpter and its working great. Her use of the notebook is not heavy so I believe it will be for sometime that she will not change the notebook. Maybe you can upgrade your RAM to 1GB, change the hard disk and get a wifi adapter. I think that will perk you system up.:D

No, I want to be able to play some MMORPGs on the new system, if any.

Flash also lags so much, I can't even watch homestarrunner at times, and don't even THINK about Youtube HD, so I will get a new system. (The flash problem is due to my processor. Adobe recommends 2 GHz Single-core for use of flash, which I definitely do not have. Don't tell me, "Oh, but netbooks can do flash." Yes, only because they have an extra processor core using HT technology.)