PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] XScreensaver Options for Login Menu

javyn999
February 24th, 2010, 06:39 AM
Hey all.

I replaced Gnome Screensaver w/ X Screensaver, because, well it's just better.

Anyway, I have two issues I was wondering if anyone of you could help me with.

1. Can anyone tell me how I'd edit the screensaver options for the Ubuntu Login screen? When idle, the Login screen ALWAYS has the tentacles, and I'm sick of it. I'd like to have a random screensaver if possible. Also,

2. When I switch users, I not only have to login from the Ubuntu Login Screen, but immediately after that, X Screensaver prompts me for a username and password as well. Anyway to disable that redundancy?

Thanks! I'd appreciate any help or links.

Barriehie
February 24th, 2010, 02:29 PM
Hey all.

I replaced Gnome Screensaver w/ X Screensaver, because, well it's just better.

Anyway, I have two issues I was wondering if anyone of you could help me with.

1. Can anyone tell me how I'd edit the screensaver options for the Ubuntu Login screen? When idle, the Login screen ALWAYS has the tentacles, and I'm sick of it. I'd like to have a random screensaver if possible. Also,

2. When I switch users, I not only have to login from the Ubuntu Login Screen, but immediately after that, X Screensaver prompts me for a username and password as well. Anyway to disable that redundancy?

Thanks! I'd appreciate any help or links.

I believe xscreensaver-demo will let you select random.

javyn999
February 24th, 2010, 04:32 PM
Well the thing is, I can select random screensavers for any user while they are logged in. What I want to do is select a random screensaver for when it activates on the Ubuntu Login screen.