PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] dell latitude c600 install problems with ubuntu 9.10

dragons_heart
February 24th, 2010, 04:17 AM
this is my first post sorry if im not clear

OK i downloaded Ubuntu 9.1 32bit burned it to a CD and popped it in my dell latitude c600 i was going to set it up to dual boot with xp i already have 2 partions so every thing was ready

i hit install and saw a Ubuntu symbol fading in and out after that i got a whole heap of i/o errors ranging from 350 to 500 for the first number, then a bit later it loaded up the busy cursor for Ubuntu on a black screen it then changed to a cross outline and no matter how long i let i go for i do not change at all off that

the disc isn't the problem because it works on my desk top live and install

can any give me a helping hand with this because i really want to get Ubuntu working after it took so long to download (7kbs really sucks)

overdrank
February 24th, 2010, 05:13 AM
Hi and welcome, I have a similar dell. What are the system specs, Memory?
I believe that model has the Ati graphics that may be a issue also.

You may try one of the option under the F4 keys on the start or install screen. I would also suggest checking the cd for errors.

dragons_heart
February 24th, 2010, 04:47 PM
its OK it was the CD drive got it installed but now grub gives me an error device not found when i try to boot it

the specs are 512mb ram, 750mhz Intel 3e 160gig hard drive all the rest is stock