PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Does the carpet match the drapes?

Shibblet
February 23rd, 2010, 11:11 PM
I downloaded Drapes as a wallpaper "changer". And when I change the preferences to "run at startup" it adds itself to my startup application list.

However, the program doesn't run at startup. Anyone know how to get this sucker to do that?

Shibblet
February 26th, 2010, 02:39 AM
Anyone? Bumpdiddy?

nischalinn
February 26th, 2010, 03:58 AM
I downloaded Drapes as a wallpaper "changer". And when I change the preferences to "run at startup" it adds itself to my startup application list.

However, the program doesn't run at startup. Anyone know how to get this sucker to do that?

Hey I am using Ubuntu 9.04,my system freezes when I install drapes.Do you have any idea?

M1ke
February 26th, 2010, 11:44 AM

I've noticed this too; checking that option does indeed add Drapes to the list of startup applications but come boot time it doesn't load. In addition I've also tried:

Uncheck the option in Drapes, create my own launcher in startup apps with the command "drapes" to launch
Keep the option checked, remove the Drapes-created entry and make my own launcher as above
Neither produces the desired effect. I've taken to just loading it manually as the first thing I do when I log in. Not ideal, but at least I still get my fresh wallpaper every 30 minutes I guess.

Shibblet
February 27th, 2010, 12:39 AM
I also notice that my Compiz-Fusion Icon doesn't load at startup either. Maybe this is a Karmic thing.