PDA

View Full Version : PS3 sudo problems

bigg6987
February 23rd, 2010, 11:00 PM
I have Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty installed on my PS3. I've had Ubuntu working properly on my PS3 in the past, until I tried to upgrade to 9.10. When I installed 9.10, my wireless mouse wouldn't work, so I immediately formatted my entire hdd, including the PS3 XMB. I reinstalled Ubuntu 9.04, installation as usual was seamless. After installation, I logged in, and immediately went to administration > upgrade manager. I'm asked to enter my password, which I enter, then I'm notified that my name doesn't have access.

I've done much internet research, as well as these forums to a resolution to my problems. I've found many things that I believe I could use to fix my problem, IF I could get into a boot menu for Ubuntu. The ISO image I downloaded from the Ubuntu website included the kboot boot loader, which my PS3 needs to recognize the ISO image. I've tried holding escape while Ubuntu loads, no success. I've tried typing different commands into the kboot, also no success. Most things that I've found revolve around me logging into single user mode, or into recovery mode.

I need to add my username to the sudoers file. I need to give my username admin authorizations.

Any help into this matter would be greatly appreciated. I'm a novice when it comes to Ubuntu, but I'm pretty intelligent and can generally figure things out. This situation has been a frustration to say the least.