PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Firefox not loading Gmail Standard View after Updates

suniyo
February 23rd, 2010, 10:59 PM
Gmail is not working in standard view mode in firefox after recent updates. I don't know what is wrong but it is not loading the standard view, all other browsers load it well on ubuntu 9.10 So don't know where the problem is.

suniyo
February 23rd, 2010, 11:11 PM
After a update related to may be gnome, it stopped working and I updated it to 3.6 from 3.5.8 and still the result is same. I don't know where is the problem but I am searching for the solution for say last 20 mins and still very confused why it is not loading in standard view.

Any ideas ??

suniyo
February 24th, 2010, 07:15 PM
No progress in last 24 hours and I am unable to revert back to firefox 3.5.8

Don't know why it is not working. Google redirected page to html version only in firefox and few other websites also unable to detect firefox as browser. They say use some supported browser like Firefox, Safari or Opera; even when it is open in firefox itself. May be firefox's current version not detected as browser by these sites. Don't know how this happened. Any ideas there?

suniyo
February 25th, 2010, 07:49 PM
Not getting any help here, Is this the problem only I'm facing here. Don't know ;)

littlezack
March 2nd, 2010, 02:16 AM
I had the same problem with Firefox on OSX.

I tried all of the cache clearing stuff that everyone suggests but still nothing.

I solved it after finding an article by someone with the same problem. I had to reset the user preferences in Firefox. I have seen this work on Windows and OSX. Maybe it will work on Ubuntu too?

The article I found is here http://www.backup.com.au/News-Blog/firefox-and-gmail-qstandard-viewq-problem.html

Hope it helps.

suniyo
April 21st, 2010, 10:08 PM
Created a new profile in firefox and it worked perfectly well so may be some trouble with one of the add-ons, though can't tell the exact reason.