PDA

View Full Version : What kind of video can I make to promote Ubuntu?

gymophett
February 23rd, 2010, 08:36 AM
I wanna make a video to promote Ubuntu on Youtube. I have 1,200 subscribers on Youtube. So I could probably get at least some people to look at it, and I'll offer to help them out if they need it.
But I mean, what should I put it in it?

NightwishFan
February 23rd, 2010, 09:51 AM
If you ever saw the video that was in the Jaunty example content. Perhaps something like that. Make it more personable than a demonstration would be. I would advise you be quite honest as well, and do not make claims the community can not keep. Also perhaps just tell others that you use Ubuntu as an OS, and why you like it.

(Not related but I am currently upgrading to 10.04 while posting)

d3v1150m471c
February 23rd, 2010, 09:53 AM
I've always been fond of this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xC5uEe5OzNQ&feature=player_embedded

icyzer
February 23rd, 2010, 10:06 AM
I've always been fond of this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xC5uEe5OzNQ&feature=player_embedded
Oooh!
/me got a new weekend project :)

mikewhatever
February 23rd, 2010, 10:14 AM
Well, if you don't know what to show your subscribers, perhaps you shouldn't make a video in the first place.;)

gymophett
February 23rd, 2010, 10:16 AM
Maybe I'm not capable of making a video. Lol..
Cuz I can't do all the Compiz stuff. Never wanted to.
Sees no point.

But it sure draws attention. Maybe others can do desktop videos and I can just compile and edit them all into one?
Then give information, maybe it can be a team project to make a promotional video. xD
That'll never happen.

alket
February 23rd, 2010, 10:50 AM
Maybe like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqEUDeZJSCE

sau99ms
February 23rd, 2010, 11:02 AM
Maybe I'm not capable of making a video. Lol..
Cuz I can't do all the Compiz stuff. Never wanted to.
Sees no point.

But it sure draws attention. Maybe others can do desktop videos and I can just compile and edit them all into one?
Then give information, maybe it can be a team project to make a promotional video. xD
That'll never happen.

That's a great idea. I have to ask though - you triple boot Windows 7 and XP with Ubuntu? That's just crazy! Just out of morbid curiousity, what can you do on XP that you can't do on 7 or Ubuntu?

TheNessus
February 23rd, 2010, 11:12 AM
I wanna make a video to promote Ubuntu on Youtube. I have 1,200 subscribers on Youtube. So I could probably get at least some people to look at it, and I'll offer to help them out if they need it.
But I mean, what should I put it in it?

A one that shows you don't need the terminal for anything and that you can do anything windows can. smash ignorance.

Oh, and PLEASE for the LOVE OF GOD - do not narrate the video. Use subtitles.

_khAttAm_
February 23rd, 2010, 11:21 AM
Oh, and PLEASE for the LOVE OF GOD - do not narrate the video. Use subtitles.

+1
Use nice BG music (CC or your own of course).

kevin11951
February 23rd, 2010, 12:17 PM
I would love to see a commercial where a nice sounding voice talks about installing a program in ubuntu with just one click (in the form of a deb, lets leave out repos for now).