PDA

View Full Version : First Thing That Annoyed You Today?

lisati
February 22nd, 2010, 05:45 AM
Probably the bot that's spamming the forums......

chillicampari
February 22nd, 2010, 06:18 AM
Yep, also the 60 second limit between post flagging is kind of annoying too. :P

SushiR
February 22nd, 2010, 07:01 AM
My husband...

d3v1150m471c
February 22nd, 2010, 07:05 AM
Finding more bugs to fix in a program.

Perfect Storm
February 22nd, 2010, 10:19 PM
Thread moved.

Tristam Green
February 22nd, 2010, 10:21 PM
Thread moved.

Moving a thread would be about annoying... ;-)

iamwhatiseem
February 22nd, 2010, 10:23 PM
It was Monday morning.

Perfect Storm
February 22nd, 2010, 10:24 PM
Moving a thread would be about annoying... ;-)

Hehehe, but I knew what I signed up for ;)

KiwiNZ
February 22nd, 2010, 10:28 PM
Discovering I had connected my Wheelchair to the power socket last night but had not flicked the sodding switch to charge the dopey thing.

Billions of blue blistering barnacles and thousands of thundering typhoons thats annoying.

Kazade
February 22nd, 2010, 10:30 PM
ACTA (http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2010/02/world-get-ready-for-the-dmca-actas-internet-chapter-leaks.ars)

lykwydchykyn
February 22nd, 2010, 10:30 PM
I left the garage door open last night after bringing some equipment out to my van.

I left a bag of trash in the garage because it was raining and I didn't feel like taking it to the trash hopper.

Guess what the neighborhood cats/groundhogs/raccoons did last night?

dragos240
February 22nd, 2010, 10:31 PM
Getting up.

koleoptero
February 22nd, 2010, 10:33 PM
Waking up.

gnomeuser
February 22nd, 2010, 10:37 PM
Should I go with the insomnia, the pain, the severe depression, anger issues or my neurologist telling me to continue taking the, by the way dangerous and addictive, pills causing those symptoms?

I think I will have to go with the neurologist.. she got me pretty damn annoyed. I have to go another month in the hopes that those.. lesser sideeffects wear off. At least I got a lower dosage now hopefully that will make things a bit more tolerable.

cariboo
February 22nd, 2010, 10:38 PM
Pressing the copy button on the scanner, then pressing the print button and the thing wants to scan the document again before printing it.

ibuclaw
February 22nd, 2010, 10:39 PM
Being unable to walk down (or up) a fleet of stairs without huge discomfort.

On a plus side, though, paint balling over the weekend was super fun. :)

Post Monkeh
February 22nd, 2010, 10:41 PM
nothing, no point in getting annoyed at things, it just puts me in a bad mood.

Icehuck
February 22nd, 2010, 10:41 PM
Getting woke up at 3:30am because my phone was spammed with tickets.

whiskeylover
February 22nd, 2010, 10:43 PM
Just the fact that its monday.:evil:

KiwiNZ
February 22nd, 2010, 10:44 PM
Should I go with the insomnia, the pain, the severe depression, anger issues or my neurologist telling me to continue taking the, by the way dangerous and addictive, pills causing those symptoms?

I think I will have to go with the neurologist.. she got me pretty damn annoyed. I have to go another month in the hopes that those.. lesser sideeffects wear off. At least I got a lower dosage now hopefully that will make things a bit more tolerable.

Understand that. For sure :(

I have often felt the cure worse than the disease.

Objekt
February 22nd, 2010, 10:48 PM
Putting on a polyester monkey suit for work. Fortunately I won't have to put up with that for much longer.

gnomeuser
February 22nd, 2010, 11:03 PM
Understand that. For sure :(

I have often felt the cure worse than the disease.

Thus are unfortunately the problems with modern scientific medicine, you never used to hear complaints like this about leeches or a good old fashioned bloodletting :)

ctrlmd
February 22nd, 2010, 11:13 PM
i was trying to sleep because i was tired and couldn't so i start watching TV and i slept and once i get the chance to sleep my sister took off my glasses and i waked up :( after an hour #-o

KiwiNZ
February 22nd, 2010, 11:30 PM
Thus are unfortunately the problems with modern scientific medicine, you never used to hear complaints like this about leeches or a good old fashioned bloodletting :)

And never , never read the warning and potential side-affects stuff online , it will scare the lower bowel contents out of you. Well it did for one of the medications I have to self inject.

icyzer
February 23rd, 2010, 12:01 AM
Rain

TheNessus
February 23rd, 2010, 12:05 AM
First thing that annoyed me today as I woke up was the very fact I woke up and had to start another day of living hell.

swoll1980
February 23rd, 2010, 12:11 AM
First thing that annoys me everyday, my girlfriend.

NightwishFan
February 23rd, 2010, 12:15 AM
I would have to say Evolution. I am reinstalling now because I cannot get it to keep the right size of the different parts..

Firestem4
February 23rd, 2010, 12:16 AM
Pressing the copy button on the scanner, then pressing the print button and the thing wants to scan the document again before printing it.

Sounds like my offices canon..pisses me off. I'm a tech, not a printer guy..I hate supporting printers =(

"PC Load Letter? What the **** does that mean? *smack*" :D

Zoot7
February 23rd, 2010, 12:18 AM
MATLAB's FFT algorithm.

Alabamaschalk
February 23rd, 2010, 12:18 AM
1. that 300 lbs lady next to me in the tiny airplane
2. that 300 lbs guy next to me in the next tiny airplane.

cariboo
February 23rd, 2010, 12:34 AM
Sounds like my offices canon..pisses me off. I'm a tech, not a printer guy..I hate supporting printers =(

"PC Load Letter? What the **** does that mean? *smack*" :D

I did my practicum with a company whose main business was servicing DEC LA-120s. I quite enjoyed it for the six months I was there.

doas777
February 23rd, 2010, 12:38 AM
the alarm clock. was up too late last night.

audiomick
February 23rd, 2010, 12:41 AM
Waking up.
not waking up. I was supposed to catch a train to go to a Job at 8. I woke up at 10 to 8...
Fortunately it is a regular Job where I have a lot of leeway.;)

xpod
February 23rd, 2010, 12:41 AM
The School run. It`s usually the first thing that annoys me on any morning i do it in fact.

The Real Dave
February 23rd, 2010, 12:51 AM
The fact that it was already 7AM. After a shower and some food though, the world seemed a nicer place :) I'm not good when I'm hungry :)

Stan_1936
February 23rd, 2010, 12:54 AM
A bunch of inexperienced US hockey players(kids, almost) beating the best damn hockey team on the planet - Team Canada, IN Canada at Canada's sport.......AT THE OLYMPICS, with ALL the world watching!!!

crlang13
February 23rd, 2010, 12:57 AM

Lack of alarm clock for me. I set my alarm for 7 o'clock and woke up at about 4 AM and just tossed and turned for the next three hours... Now I'm tired

RiceMonster
February 23rd, 2010, 01:00 AM

Oh how I hate the sound of my alarm clock.

audiomick
February 23rd, 2010, 01:04 AM
don't set it... ;)

doas777
February 23rd, 2010, 01:04 AM
especially when it integrates with my dreams.

I've had a recurring dream for years, that I have programmed the alarm to be something more important and complicated than an alarm clock, but I can't remember what, so I'm afraid to hit any buttons for fear of messing it up. usually i wake up as soon as I start debugging it.

gnomeuser
February 23rd, 2010, 07:14 AM

I made the mistake once of setting my favorite song (Jimi Hendrix - Little Wing) as the ringtone for when my fiancée called. End result that beautiful song now features in my nightmares since she likes to call me and wake me up in the middle of the night, and that song would be the trigger.

Brilliant thinking Sherlock

user1397
February 23rd, 2010, 07:45 AM
getting up

szymon_g
February 23rd, 2010, 08:34 AM
yesterday, i forgot to set heating into 'programme' mode (so it could turn on at set time, without my help). i woke up- and its bloody freezing :<

rileinc
February 23rd, 2010, 12:48 PM
my roommate. and then my boss.

oobuntoo
February 23rd, 2010, 01:50 PM
Morning erection! Don't known what's up with it. It seems to happen every morning.:confused:

nmccrina
February 23rd, 2010, 02:01 PM
Smelling waffles, but knowing I'm too lazy to get up early enough to eat any before leaving for school. :(

~sHyLoCk~
February 23rd, 2010, 02:06 PM
No coffee!!! :(

entikryst
February 23rd, 2010, 02:14 PM
Getting my kids ready for school. It's always a long, loud annoying process.(ages 3 and 5)

anaconda
February 23rd, 2010, 02:19 PM
hmm..
Why would anything annoy me today?

Nothing yet anyway.

RiceMonster
February 23rd, 2010, 02:20 PM
don't set it... ;)

I wish that were an option.

Tristam Green
February 23rd, 2010, 02:21 PM
coming to work lol

xpod
February 23rd, 2010, 03:05 PM
Getting my kids ready for school. It's always a long, loud annoying process.(ages 3 and 5)

Getting our youngest two girls(5 & 9) ready and out the door in the morning is the easy part. Getting the 12 & 14Yr old girls ready & out the door is another matter entirely.
Our 17Yr old son though is like his dad. He can be up & out in 10 minutes if needs be. Although saying that he has been hanging about in front of mirrors a bit longer this last year or two.

samalex
February 23rd, 2010, 03:42 PM
Probably the bot that's spamming the forums......

Snow... This is Texas, we're not supposed to have snow :D

Sam

MooPi
February 23rd, 2010, 03:52 PM
I haven't slept in three days so everything is annoying :(

Regenweald
February 23rd, 2010, 03:58 PM
My isp is having network problems and I cant' get on to certain sites. Of course, those sites would include all my online assignments with deadlines.

MooPi
February 23rd, 2010, 04:07 PM
Discovering I had connected my Wheelchair to the power socket last night but had not flicked the sodding switch to charge the dopey thing.

Billions of blue blistering barnacles and thousands of thundering typhoons thats annoying.
Is this what suffices as cursing in New Zealand ? Now that would annoy me as I like my curses short.

chriswyatt
February 23rd, 2010, 10:21 PM
Annoying repetitive noises at work. Then even more annoying was the fact that I irreversibly lost a day and a half's work due to my own stupidity.

:twisted:

I woke up in a sh*tty mood today.

Phrea
February 23rd, 2010, 10:38 PM
My cat, meowing me awake !

beercz
February 23rd, 2010, 10:40 PM
Traffic

beercz
February 23rd, 2010, 10:40 PM
The School run. It`s usually the first thing that annoys me on any morning i do it in fact.
+1 Big time - because of the traffic

beercz
February 23rd, 2010, 10:41 PM
Even more traffic!!!!!!

litemirrors
February 23rd, 2010, 10:44 PM
I'm just kind of annoyed that people are trying to convince me Compiz is unstable when clearly if the hardware on Linux is operating correctly it works fine. Also I'm tired of hearing how Gnome3 is better than Compiz when it offers none of the functionality. And of course I'm tired of hearing myself talk about it because it's not really that important I'm just bored. And then there's the login gdmsetup being changed so now it cannot work with themes?! Why would they do that : shakes head :

And then of course I'm just overly annoyed I have no girlfriend, have no job, and I can go on.....

Compiz RIP

beercz
February 23rd, 2010, 10:46 PM
Did I mention traffic?

Berk
February 23rd, 2010, 11:18 PM
Finding out that my application to the degree course I really had my heart set on next year was rejected, "due to competition for places" I'm applying for the second f****** year, how much competition can there really be?

xpod
February 23rd, 2010, 11:22 PM
+1 Big time - because of the traffic

Traffic is usually a fact of life all day here in S.E London and not just School run time unfortunately.:(
The traffic involved when arriving at the School though......now that traffic annoys me. A few times over the years now i`ve had it out with some idiot who was more concerned about getting parked as close as they could to the School gate than they were about the safety of the kids around them.
It`s like watching Wacky Racers trying to park most mornings/afternoons outside that School mind you.

The Toxic Mite
February 23rd, 2010, 11:25 PM
Finding out that my school trousers came undone... The guy who pointed it out laughed at me as well.. :|

xpod
February 23rd, 2010, 11:37 PM
Finding out that my school trousers came undone... The guy who pointed it out laughed at me as well.. :|

I`m always seeing members of the younger generation walking about with broken belts and their trousers round their knees. That`s kind of annoying that there`s so many shoddy belt makers out there.:D

murderslastcrow
February 23rd, 2010, 11:52 PM
The excessive amounts of fanart reaching the top views on my favorite art website (deviantART). I might have to look for a new one. :\

Kai69
February 24th, 2010, 12:14 AM
Having to say morning to the boss:tongue:

fatcrab
February 24th, 2010, 12:55 AM
Forgot to put the pot back in the coffee maker, AGAIN!!!

Old_Grey_Wolf
February 24th, 2010, 01:28 AM
My office is being moved; so, my computers would be disconnected for hours this morning. I do almost all of my work on computers; so, it was going to be a boring morning. There as a prediction of snow and ice during the night; therefore, I would have had an excuse not to go into work on time. When I woke up this morning, and looked outside, there was no snow or ice. I had to get to work on time with little to do after I got there. :(

The Toxic Mite
February 24th, 2010, 10:18 AM
Waking up

Khakilang
February 24th, 2010, 10:20 AM
My daughter is annoyed with virus that affected her computer running Window XP but not for long as I have formated and install Ubuntu 9.10 and everything works fine on the IBM Thinkpad G40. I just hope she can get use to starting over again with the new OS.

ndefontenay
February 24th, 2010, 10:25 AM
My boss asking me to test a script on live environment because he wouldn't give me a test environment (he made it impossible) and then complaining to me that something went wrong because of my test script and that should not happen again.

I now do Tai Chi to control my stress level 3 times a week.

xpod
February 24th, 2010, 01:04 PM
My daughter is annoyed with virus that affected her computer running Window XP but not for long as I have formated and install Ubuntu 9.10 and everything works fine on the IBM Thinkpad G40. I just hope she can get use to starting over again with the new OS.

That could potentially go wrong and turn out to be rather annoying itself, for your daughter especially. If she`s happy to get rid of Windows completely then great, but if she`s not getting much say in the matter then it could all go pear shaped.

I`m quite lucky in that i discovered Ubuntu/Linux only a few months after getting our first computer(old infested Windows box\s from a friend) so i`ve never had to do any convincing or forced Windows wiping. The children chose to boot to Ubuntu on those first machines we had and they chose to have *buntu installed as & when they got their own machines.
I think the longest any computer of ours has gone without a *buntu install of some sort was the couple of weeks after Xmas when i eventually got round to sticking Ubuntu on our oldest two girls Netbooks for them. Being forced into using Windows on the Netbooks though actually annoyed them enough to keep them using the bigger laptops they still had at that point, with Ubuntu.

Annoyed teenage girls are rather annoying.:D

alexfish
February 24th, 2010, 01:07 PM
can't get COFFEE OUT OF THIS COMPUTER

echo cappuccino >/dev/coffee

http://www.linux.org/docs/ldp/howto/Coffee-4.html

No Toast Either

Please help : " Wife not here "

underquark
February 24th, 2010, 01:12 PM
can't get COFFEE OUT OF THIS COMPUTERTry:
Places...Computer...[Right-click]CD-RW/DVD-RW Drive...Eject.

This should reveal the coffee-cup holder. Check it carefully as you may not have inserted coffee-cup in the first place. Of course, you may, in which case the Eject function might give surprising (and scalding) results.

BinaryFeast
February 24th, 2010, 01:39 PM
The bloody cold weather.

AllRadioisDead
February 24th, 2010, 01:40 PM
My alarm clock.

Lightstar
February 24th, 2010, 01:45 PM
people who start the day negatively.

koleoptero
February 24th, 2010, 02:09 PM
I've been waiting for some books I ordered from Amazon for some time. The first order was mysteriously considered undeliverable, so I reordered, and after a month in total a note came from the post office to go today and pick up a package (which is the books). But guess what? THE WHOLE COUNTRY IS ON STRIKE TODAY, so the post office was closed. What the hell do I have to do to get those books? I'm seriously thinking of breaking and entering the post office to get my package and go.

LinuxFanBoi
February 24th, 2010, 02:17 PM
Waking up and realizing that I'm out of Red Bull. This makes me a sad panda.

Tristam Green
February 24th, 2010, 02:19 PM
I've been waiting for some books I ordered from Amazon for some time. The first order was mysteriously considered undeliverable, so I reordered, and after a month in total a note came from the post office to go today and pick up a package (which is the books). But guess what? THE WHOLE COUNTRY IS ON STRIKE TODAY, so the post office was closed. What the hell do I have to do to get those books? I'm seriously thinking of breaking and entering the post office to get my package and go.

lol, that really sucks. i'd be mega-ticked :|

nothing as of yet has annoyed me today! it should be a good day :D

sqrooup
February 24th, 2010, 02:23 PM
My ISP was down all morning!:(:(

fatality_uk
February 24th, 2010, 02:26 PM
The gnome desktop with multiple monitors
Aligning icons on a grid PLEASE!!!

Khakilang
February 24th, 2010, 02:37 PM
That could potentially go wrong and turn out to be rather annoying itself, for your daughter especially. If she`s happy to get rid of Windows completely then great, but if she`s not getting much say in the matter then it could all go pear shaped.

I`m quite lucky in that i discovered Ubuntu/Linux only a few months after getting our first computer(old infested Windows box\s from a friend) so i`ve never had to do any convincing or forced Windows wiping. The children chose to boot to Ubuntu on those first machines we had and they chose to have *buntu installed as & when they got their own machines.
I think the longest any computer of ours has gone without a *buntu install of some sort was the couple of weeks after Xmas when i eventually got round to sticking Ubuntu on our oldest two girls Netbooks for them. Being forced into using Windows on the Netbooks though actually annoyed them enough to keep them using the bigger laptops they still had at that point, with Ubuntu.

Annoyed teenage girls are rather annoying.:D

Than I have to wait and see whether she get annoy again. If yes back to Window again. Which I hope not after her bad experience with Window virus. Well time will tell as always.:confused:

undecim
February 24th, 2010, 03:57 PM
(I feel like I'm reading random twitter comments.)

My brother wore the shirt that I was going to wear today.

ssj6akshat
February 24th, 2010, 04:50 PM
ISP was Down.

Post Monkeh
February 24th, 2010, 07:24 PM
Traffic is usually a fact of life all day here in S.E London and not just School run time unfortunately.:(
The traffic involved when arriving at the School though......now that traffic annoys me. A few times over the years now i`ve had it out with some idiot who was more concerned about getting parked as close as they could to the School gate than they were about the safety of the kids around them.
It`s like watching Wacky Racers trying to park most mornings/afternoons outside that School mind you.

depending on where i'm working i have to drive past a few schools. one in particular is right on a street that is a through fare between 2 main roads so it's pretty busy, but the traffic lights at the end of it only let, maybe 10 cars through before going back to red.
every morning i have to drive past it at starting time, someone always stops right outside the school gate to drop off their kid. despite sitting no further than 20ft away (on the same side of the road) in traffic for at least 2 minutes. are the kids really THAT lazy?

MelDJ
February 24th, 2010, 07:34 PM

calm down captain! (ala Tintin)

my barber cutting my hair the style which i didn't want it to be

Tristam Green
February 24th, 2010, 08:14 PM
THIS (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1415153)

was the first thing that annoyed me all day.

sports fan Matt
February 24th, 2010, 10:12 PM
Advertisers spamming my mailbox with things I do not want/need while I haven't gotten any real mail in a week...Kind of wish there was a "do not call" equivilent for the post office

xpod
February 27th, 2010, 01:47 PM
depending on where i'm working i have to drive past a few schools. one in particular is right on a street that is a through fare between 2 main roads so it's pretty busy, but the traffic lights at the end of it only let, maybe 10 cars through before going back to red.
every morning i have to drive past it at starting time, someone always stops right outside the school gate to drop off their kid. despite sitting no further than 20ft away (on the same side of the road) in traffic for at least 2 minutes. are the kids really THAT lazy?

It probably wouldn`t be so bad if this lot were just dropping their kids off and driving away but this ones a Primary School & Nursery so many are actually parking up & taking their little ones into the School......it`s just the "how" and "where" they park that`s the problem. Of course, once the children have all been dropped off you then have all the 3......or even 12 point turns to go back the other way.:-s

Shpongle
February 27th, 2010, 01:57 PM
the hangover after last night! , it was good night though

alexandari
February 27th, 2010, 02:33 PM
The air. I still haven't had coffee today.

SomeGuyDude
February 27th, 2010, 03:41 PM
My TV started making this horribly high-pitched squeal and I can't fix it. Looked at the wiring, everything. I need a new one, I think.

alexandari
February 27th, 2010, 03:45 PM
My TV started making this horribly high-pitched squeal and I can't fix it. Looked at the wiring, everything. I need a new one, I think.

Wow wait,I've had this problem too. Sounds weird but,hit the top part of it,or put something heavy on it. Maybe it's squealing because of the dust...

Sceiron
February 27th, 2010, 04:11 PM
This thread has been annoying me for days!

DeadSuperHero
February 27th, 2010, 05:33 PM
I sleep in weird positions at night sometimes, so when I wake up I'm horribly sore all over.

That is the absolute first thing that annoyed me today.

Frak
February 27th, 2010, 05:36 PM
getting up

s.fox
February 27th, 2010, 06:01 PM
The workman I had around today to sort something for me was an hour late.

Roasted
February 27th, 2010, 06:09 PM
Waking up to find no food in the fridge. Weee

BslBryan
February 27th, 2010, 08:01 PM
I meant to sleep in far too late and I got up at 8:45.

Frak
February 27th, 2010, 08:17 PM
I meant to sleep in far too late and I got up at 8:45.
I got up at 10:30AM and was mostly pleased about waking up that late.

ElSlunko
February 27th, 2010, 08:24 PM
My dog sniffing at me so I could let him out to do his business.

The Toxic Mite
February 27th, 2010, 08:54 PM
Getting shouted at by my mother after being in Glasgow for 6 hours. Jeez, I'm shattered... ;/

EDIT: She didn't tell me off for that; I had left a bowl in the kitchen, which I had intended to wash later.

xpod
February 27th, 2010, 09:20 PM
Getting shouted at by my mother after being in Glasgow for 6 hours. Jeez, I'm shattered... ;/

EDIT: She didn't tell me off for that; I had left a bowl in the kitchen, which I had intended to wash later.

A day in Glasgow then back to Fife to wash dishes?......now that does sound pretty annoying. ;)

RabbitWho
February 27th, 2010, 09:44 PM
Has anyone said your mom yet? Because it was her, first thing in the morning. Clipping her toenails on my bed. I said "I thought you'd be gone ages ago." She said not to worry because your friend Steve from highschool promised to pick her up. Steve says hi.

The Real Dave
February 28th, 2010, 02:20 AM
The fact that when I woke up, I did so alone, without being able to turn over and wrap my arm around my girlfriend. :( Felt awful :(

steveneddy
February 28th, 2010, 03:30 AM
Just bought a $130,000 truck and the a/c blower motor went out last night. Having to wait all night for it to be repaired was annoying.