PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Imstalling Java

timomelia
February 21st, 2010, 08:52 PM
I just installed ubuntu for the first time and I'm having touble installing java, ive tried sudo apt-get install sun-java6-jre, and it started dowloading, and it finished, but then it took me to some screen saying "java will let you download this if you agree to...blah blah blah" how ever there were no options so i was forced to exit. Basicly i need step by step instructions on how to install java on ubuntu. thanks!

Tim:D:D

timomelia
February 21st, 2010, 08:53 PM
also any links you have to websites that are helpfull would be greatly appreciated

darkod
February 21st, 2010, 08:54 PM
I just installed ubuntu for the first time and I'm having touble installing java, ive tried sudo apt-get install sun-java6-jre, and it started dowloading, and it finished, but then it took me to some screen saying "java will let you download this if you agree to...blah blah blah" how ever there were no options so i was forced to exit. Basicly i need step by step instructions on how to install java on ubuntu. thanks!

Tim:D:D

That window about the agreement should have I Agree or OK button at bottom. You should be able to scroll inside. After you agree the installation proceeds.

timomelia
February 21st, 2010, 09:34 PM
i cant seem to get it back now it says

E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'sudo dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem.