PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Which updates should I download from "Update Manager"?

Iokua86
February 21st, 2010, 04:53 PM
There are so many updates on the list in the update manager. Do I need all of them?:confused::confused:
Which ones are essential? Which aren't really needed (if any)?

nos09
February 21st, 2010, 04:57 PM
There are so many updates on the list in the update manager. Do I need all of them?:confused::confused:
Which ones are essential? Which aren't really needed (if any)?

it depends on your use. all updates are particularly important.
and if you don want to install all of them then install only those updates which are related to the application you are currently using and dont forget to install security updates. they are very important.

snowpine
February 21st, 2010, 04:59 PM
I recommend installing all updates (especially if you have just installed ubuntu). They will slow down over time.

2hot6ft2
February 21st, 2010, 05:06 PM
Keep in mind that in ubuntu updates are not just for the operating system like windows, but for every application on the system the was installed by default and thru apt-get, aptitude, synaptic, and add/remove...

So you're updating everything.

nos09
February 21st, 2010, 05:17 PM
Keep in mind that in ubuntu updates are not just for the operating system like windows, but for every application on the system the was installed by default and thru apt-get, aptitude, synaptic, and add/remove...

So you're updating everything.

I agree.
everything is important in ubuntu. new updates could be new patches for bugs. and that will make the pc even batter and secure.

there are so many updates

well if you dont want to install all of them at once then you can always select some of them and install the rest afterwards,

harry2006
February 21st, 2010, 06:01 PM
for the very first time, "ALL UPDATES" is a must, afterwards its completely your choice and requirement that actually drives the utilities you like to be updated...nyways the basic securities updates should never be avoided...

Iokua86
February 21st, 2010, 06:03 PM
I guess i'll update everything, as that seems to be my best bet. I keep forgetting that i'm not using windows anymore and there aren't as many redundant things on ubuntu. Thanks.:)

nos09
February 22nd, 2010, 03:02 PM
I guess i'll update everything, as that seems to be my best bet. I keep forgetting that i'm not using windows anymore and there aren't as many redundant things on ubuntu. Thanks.:)

thats batter...