PDA

View Full Version : gtk programming

nagaraj dr
February 21st, 2010, 03:40 PM
hai.. plz help me

i just started with this gtk stuff so i just wanted to make sure all d headers r proper r not, so i just keyed these lines in test.c
#include<gtk/gtk.h>
#include<gdk/gdk.h>
#include<gtk/gtkwidget.h>
int main()
{

GtkWidget *form;
return 0;
}

compiled no errors but when i tried to include gtkform.h, gtkmainwindow.h and some more it is showing error...
it is obvious because there is no gtkform.h in my gtk 2.0 directory ... how do i fix this

SledgeHammer_999
February 21st, 2010, 03:53 PM
Have you downloaded through synaptic the appropriate dev files? The package name for gtk+ headers is libgtk2.0-dev.

dwhitney67
February 21st, 2010, 03:59 PM
Have you downloaded through synaptic the appropriate dev files? The package name for gtk+ headers is libgtk2.0-dev.

Correct; then one also needs to specify the locations of the header files and the library files. Something like:

gcc `pkg-config gtk+-2.0 --cflags` -c MyFile.c

gcc MyFile.o 'pkg-config gtk+-2.0 --libs` -o myapp

Of course, for a single module, this would probably work:

gcc MyFile.c `pkg-config gtk+-2.0 --cflags --libs` -o myapp

nvteighen
February 21st, 2010, 04:15 PM
Hm... you should need just to #include <gtk/gtk.h>... Everything else is automatically included, save really unusual stuff, IIRC.

SledgeHammer_999
February 21st, 2010, 05:27 PM
Correct; then one also needs to specify the locations of the header files and the library files. Something like:

gcc `pkg-config gtk+-2.0 --cflags` -c MyFile.c

gcc MyFile.o 'pkg-config gtk+-2.0 --libs` -o myapp

Of course, for a single module, this would probably work:

gcc MyFile.c `pkg-config gtk+-2.0 --cflags --libs` -o myapp

Yeah I already told him that here (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1050070&page=13) before urging him to create a new thread...

nagaraj dr
February 21st, 2010, 07:32 PM
In our classes we were thought about mobile gui framework of samsung linux..& we are using ecllipse ide were in we include headers like gtkmainwindow.h ,gtkform.h.. so i was after those headers in my system...
i checked some examples which dont have those headers they all worked fine i got absolute result.. so, my conclusion is, there is nothing called as mainwindow , forms in pc world they are all mobile OS APIs

correct me if i am wrong..

nagaraj dr
February 21st, 2010, 07:34 PM
thank u every one it helped me a lot..