PDA

View Full Version : [mythbuntu] Wintv Nova HD S2 & HVR1300 setup... Not familier with linux = impossible

bazza825
February 21st, 2010, 12:25 PM
There is so much potential here... am i the only one getting absolutely nowhere?

I'm a windows/mac person, have installed Mythbuntu and am trying to set up the tv signal. Have gone into the setup and i'm totally lost by it all.

I have a WinTV Nova HD S2 card installed, all that's seen is the HVR4000 (which i'm led to believe is correct)
I also have a WinTv HVR1300 analogue card installed (also detected)..

there are so many settings that seem to need changing, and everytime i've tried i've gotten nowhere.

I've looked through the Mythtv page which, although pleasant seems to presume people know about linux. Hell i'm even new to the terminal.

How do i get the 2 cards to do anything?
I've tried all sorts, including typing code in to grab tv channels, launching media players and i'm still not getting anywhere..

surely it must be easier than this

Please someone help me. I love the potential of how it all works and it seems ideal for what i want to do... but it isn't working :(((

thanks in anticipation..
barry

macmenco
March 22nd, 2010, 10:11 PM
Just a 'me too'. Need help on this one. Am familiar with linux.
I've got my cards working, kaffeine works on both cards, scanning also works on both cards. But mythtv channel scan doesn't find a channel when scanning the dvb-t card. dvb-s works fine, but no dvb-t in mythtv.

GiggsyR
May 2nd, 2012, 08:44 PM
Me too re HVR1300
I can do the DVB-t scan ok and have the channels - unable to scan for Analog to pick up the feed from my Satelite box

Any ideas?