PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Updating Bios

Jonglen
February 21st, 2010, 06:16 AM
I need help... I find all these tutorials on how to update my Bios, but none of them are working for me. I keep finding errors that I can't find answers to... Can anyone here walk me through this and tell me how to fix some errors along the way? :confused:

ottosykora
February 21st, 2010, 06:41 AM
This is matter of the hardware, so you would have to tell what motherboard you have exactly. And the version of bios you have on your motherboard. Then knowing that, you can go to the manufacturers website and find out if there is an update for the bios installed. If there is such update, there will be instruction there and the files needed for update there.

URGettingADull
March 6th, 2010, 06:31 PM
What if the producers of the bios, in my case awardBIOS, do not have an update on their website, and the manufacturer has a site that can only be navigated if you are a partner?

it is an Equus Computing motherboard (freebie), and I need to update the bios to run my memory at dual channel and finally be done making this computer less obsolete.

Computer name:YOUR-1D5B8F9041 Operating system:Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service pack:3.0 Manufacturer:Equus Computer Systems Model:Nobilis Serial Number:EQMN760522 uuid:29B846B65DBA11DAB12800E018EB0B67 BIOS type:Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG BIOS ID:11/08/2005-RC410-SB450-PTRC-GC-00 BIOS sign on:None BIOS date:2005.11.08 Chipset:?
only doing this in windows because i can run the intel processor util and stuff.

URGettingADull
March 6th, 2010, 08:55 PM
I found more information in my BIOS, including an intel serial number which yielded some success on their website.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=2229&DwnldID=11738&lang=eng

however, I do not have a floppy drive, and their os independent bios flash requires one, does anybody know how I can make this into a bootable .iso?

URGettingADull
March 7th, 2010, 03:28 AM
nvm, called a neighbor and cannabalized a dinosaur for the floppy drive, BIOS updated, problem fixed.