PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Bradford Dissolvable Agent sh

vinneh
February 20th, 2010, 08:20 PM
My school network requires me to install Bradford Dissolvable Agent via a binary sh file. I get this error:

Bradford_Dissolvable_Agent.sh: 2: Syntax error: EOF in backquote substitutionThis is on Ubuntu 9.10, x86 and amd64 on separate machines both return the same error. Does anyone have any experience with this? I have searched google and read through other threads, but they all cover a different issue related to libstdc++ (which I already have installed). Any help would be greatly appreciated as I can't connect to the network until I run this stupid file.

vinneh
February 20th, 2010, 08:48 PM
Never mind, my school sucks. It was returning EOF because it actually was the end of file. The file didn't download properly, but was still created with the name Bradford_Dissolvable_Agent.sh, so I kept trying to run it. I'll have to get it in person.

lucasg123
March 29th, 2010, 09:11 PM
I have a little experience with that problem. If you are still seeking help let me know.

bunburya
May 30th, 2010, 05:31 PM
I have a little experience with that problem. If you are still seeking help let me know.
I have a similar problem on 10.04; basically whenever I try to run the program it returns some syntax errors (I can't copy-paste the output because it's on a different computer) and when I view the file with a text editor I get a load of gibberish, which I didn't think woul dhappen since it's a sh file. Do you think the file is corrupted? Have you had a similar problem?