PDA

View Full Version : Johnny gets detention

MooPi
February 20th, 2010, 01:12 AM
Young and getting in trouble, memories ! Telling your folks why you got detention Ugh. Telling your friends Cool. The entire Internet getting to see why you got detention Priceless.

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/gen/141232/DETENTION.jpg

mkendall
February 20th, 2010, 01:39 AM
Ha! I remember sitting in the principal's office because I held out a screw that I found to a girl and asked, "Wanna screw?" There I am, getting the third degree by the principal and a teacher. The highlight being asked, "And what if she had said yes?" I look at them like they're the idiots I thought (and still think) they were and reply, "Then I would have handed her the screw and the joke would have been over." For some reason they didn't like that answer. Three day "lunch detention."

Kenny_Strawn
February 20th, 2010, 01:43 AM
I have had plenty of detentions, especially in middle school. However, I can't remember what they were for.

On second thought, I became pretty lazy back then. Now, however, I have definitely improved.

falconindy
February 20th, 2010, 01:43 AM
Innuendo? In-ur-endo...

/gotnothin

I was a good kid in school, except for the 9 day suspension in 8th grade for carrying booze. Ahhh childhood.

The Real Dave
February 20th, 2010, 02:19 AM
Wow, what a stupid reason...are people that strung up about things?

The Toxic Mite
February 20th, 2010, 02:41 AM
In my school, "detentions" are really just "extra class time", often cutting into the interval or lunchtime, for rather petty things such as not concentrating, talking all the time, forgetting homework, etc. It's crap, TBH. =;

EDIT: How is saying "That's what she said" considered offensive? :confused:

dragos240
February 20th, 2010, 02:42 AM
I lol'd. "That's what she said."

Old Marcus
February 20th, 2010, 02:47 AM
I swear there is an opt-out scheme for a sense of humour transplant when you sign up to become a teacher.

NoaHall
February 20th, 2010, 02:53 AM
In my school, "detentions" are really just "extra class time", often cutting into the interval or lunchtime, for rather petty things such as not concentrating, talking all the time, forgetting homework, etc. It's crap, TBH. =;

EDIT: How is saying "That's what she said" considered offensive? :confused:

I've never had detention...
Because put it in context.

Dharmachakra
February 20th, 2010, 03:04 AM
My teachers make those same jokes... everyone does. Guess I'm lucky to go to a laid back school.

gletob
February 20th, 2010, 03:42 AM
A paper ball is a projectile, and throwing one at your friend is assault. Effed up middle schools. I like my High School though, my teachers actually have a good sense of humor.

Haha I just remembered my Bio teachers joke about how Telophase looks like two *****, and cytokinesis looks like two hairy *****. (Don't get your X's in a twist she has no Y chromosome)

Nerd King
February 20th, 2010, 03:50 AM
I'm a teacher and actually we do have a sense of humour. Personally I'd not have given a detention for that. I teach 4th grade and occasionally slip in a joke that will go over the heads of most but might just be caught by the more savvy members of my class. It's fun to be a little subversive sometimes ;)

Twitch6000
February 20th, 2010, 04:01 AM
This reminds me when I got ETO for pulling a chair from under my friend...

He even told the teacher he is fine and he knew it was a joke...

Oh well.. lol

CJ Master
February 20th, 2010, 07:41 AM
I laughed. We made jokes like that all the time (usually quiet enough so that the teacher didn't overhear... :p)

ciborium
February 20th, 2010, 07:42 AM
I laughed. We made jokes like that all the time (usually quiet enough so that the teacher didn't overhear... :p)

More like quiet enough that the teacher could claim they didn't hear.

cariboo
February 20th, 2010, 08:01 AM
When I went to school corporal punishment was still allowed, the only time things went flying around the class room, was when one of the teachers started throwing chalk and erasers.

If I remember correctly in grade school after your third detention you got the strap. You kids have it so easy these days. :).

Once I started Junior High in grade 7, the strap and detentions were a thing of the past.

And yes I did have to walk 5 miles to school, uphill both ways. :)

CJ Master
February 20th, 2010, 08:47 AM
When I went to school corporal punishment was still allowed, the only time things went flying around the class room, was when one of the teachers started throwing chalk and erasers.

Shhhh. That *might* still be happening today, unofficially. :P

The Real Dave
February 20th, 2010, 11:32 AM
I swear there is an opt-out scheme for a sense of humour transplant when you sign up to become a teacher.

That's not true :) My English teacher is a riot. He always goes off in a tangent, often lasting the whole class. His jokes are hilarious, and usually not appropriate to be posted here ;)

I got chalk thrown at me for years, and this was years after corporal punishment was made illegal. In fact, the only time I really got in trouble in school (Primary) was when I threw the chalk back and bounced it off his head :) But so so worth it :)

The Toxic Mite
February 20th, 2010, 11:38 AM
That's not true :) My English teacher is a riot. He always goes off in a tangent, often lasting the whole class. His jokes are hilarious, and usually not appropriate to be posted here ;)

My Religious Studies teacher is a bit like that! :P

Kenny_Strawn
February 20th, 2010, 11:43 AM

If I remember correctly in grade school after your third detention you got the strap. You kids have it so easy these days. :).

Once I started Junior High in grade 7, the strap and detentions were a thing of the past.

And yes I did have to walk 5 miles to school, uphill both ways. :)

And where I live, corporal punishment is STILL allowed in the home (at least where I am, in California) and STILL allowed in school in half of the other states. Apparently, Americans are STILL used to the way they used to beat slaves, since I noticed that most of the states that allow corporal punishment in school are in the South.

stuart.reinke
February 20th, 2010, 01:40 PM
...And yes I did have to walk 5 miles to school, uphill both ways. :)

What about snow? It was neck deep right? All year long.

It sounds like you might have attended school with my father.;)

Old Marcus
February 20th, 2010, 02:46 PM

Hence why I said opt-out. :P I know some lecturers who have a damn good sense of humour as well. I also know some who don't.

MasterNetra
February 20th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Got suspended once for defending myself back in grade school.

The Toxic Mite
February 20th, 2010, 05:26 PM
Got suspended once for defending myself back in grade school.

Suspended for DEFENDING yourself?! Jeez... ¬_____________¬

Viva
February 20th, 2010, 05:29 PM
Corporal punishment illegal? What is the world coming to!!

The Toxic Mite
February 20th, 2010, 05:46 PM
Corporal punishment illegal? What is the world coming to!!

I'm glad that the belt's been banned. Very painful for my stepdad when he was at school. ^^

SoftwareExplorer
February 20th, 2010, 07:24 PM
I got in trouble once for being mad at my friend. He was into martial arts at the time. I had a stack of papers and he came out from around some corner and did a teasing and completely harmless punch, which spilled all the papers. For about 1 second I was mad enough to want to punch him back (which was clearly not a good idea, he was into martial arts), but then I realized has was teasing and that he didn't mean to make me drop stuff. However, the principal saw this and had a long drawn out talk with both of us. I distinctly remember being in the principal office and my friend and I agreeing that we weren't mad at each other, and that I was in trouble for being mad at first.

I think the best things I remember from school is what I got away with.
One year they were doing basketball practice for PE. I remember that if you didn't want to do basketball (I didn't at the time) then you had to outside and walk laps around the parking lot (It was a small school. In fact I was doing laps all by myself that day.) Well, I got bored of that, so I scaled up the flagstone corner of the building a climbed on to the roof and walked around. Apparently, some parent (not mine) who was turning paperwork saw me in their rear view mirror as they were driving away and came back just to tell the principal. By then I was bored and got of the roof and resumed walking laps. The principal came out to ask if I was the one who had been on the roof, and I admitted to it. He said something like don't do it again.
Around when I was twelve, I remember at the start of one year the school sent home a form that had an optional email field, which my parents didn't fill out. I registered the emails mydadsemail@gmail.com and myschoolsemail@gmail.com. Then I filled the form out with instead of mydadsemail@isp.com with a mydadsemail@gmail.com. Unfortunately, I had it in sitting in my room before I took it back and my mother saw it and took it. I found out because I saw it on her desk, with her list of things to do having 'gmail.com?' on it. I promptly took the list and form and scanned them into the computer. I erased the email field and printed the form, and put it back on my mother desk in the same position. Then I took the list and carefully doctored the gmail.com line out of and printed it, photocopying the back of the old list into the new one for good measure. I also put the list back in the same position on my mother's desk.
Of course, I turned in the version of the form that had the gmail address, and I never did hear anything from my mother about gmail. (Snickers at the thought of her thinking she lost her mind.)
/end of long, rambling post

cariboo
February 20th, 2010, 08:59 PM
What about snow? It was neck deep right? All year long.

It sounds like you might have attended school with my father.;)

I grew up in Nanaimo, on Vancouver Island, the few times it snowed, they closed the schools, so no trudging in the snow up to my neck for me. :)