Just one at the moment.

Swiss
March 7th, 2006, 09:21 PM
Dual.

You polled, ah, Just one OS... ? ;)

Piggah
March 7th, 2006, 09:29 PM
Dual

I keep windows around for games and a couple other small trivial things. I have a 250 gig hd, so I might as well keep it around as it's not hurting anything. :P

Brunellus
March 7th, 2006, 09:31 PM
Dual. But it's literally been months since I booted into Windows.

John.Michael.Kane
March 7th, 2006, 09:32 PM
Single Os..

Wolki
March 7th, 2006, 09:36 PM
I'm dual booting Breezy and Dapper. I'll probably switch to Dapper full-time in the next days, but keep the old partition around in case something major breaks, until I can reuse it for Dapper+1.

Klaidas
March 7th, 2006, 10:03 PM
Dual. Windows for school, projects, movies/music, etc.
Ubuntu for learning linux and computers :)

play0r
March 7th, 2006, 10:07 PM
dual.
ubuntu breezy with the k7 kernel & windows xp corp.
only time i boot into windows is when wine just doesnt cut it.

<3
play0r

chimera
March 7th, 2006, 10:08 PM
Multi boot - Ubuntu, Fedora, Suse (although fedora and suse were just experiments and I rarely use them at all, I'll probably delete them soon as I'm running out of space for movies and music)

Master Shake
March 7th, 2006, 10:09 PM
Dual... Megots some games in Win that I can't run in Linux (and I'm too cheap to get Cedega, and too lazy to learn Wine. :D )

rfruth
March 7th, 2006, 10:22 PM
My main computer is % 100 breezy but I do have a G3 iMac around here somewhere so ...

erikpiper
March 7th, 2006, 10:50 PM
Uumm...

Desktop dual boots Windows/Ubuntu
Laptop- Single boot Linux..

Others are multi. So which of my collection do you want? Lol!

Dual is my fav. Good OS (Linux) And Gaming (XP) with maximal disk space for each.

quietglow
March 7th, 2006, 10:57 PM
All my machines are single boot--my laptop (a dv4000) came out of the box and got breezy installed w/o ever booting into windows :-) Took me a week to figure out why my dvd player wouldn't play--turns out I needed to authorize the region and Ubuntu sorta assumes that the machine got booted into another OS at least once :-)

I do have a G4 ibook running Tiger that gets used for ichat sessions. And I use lots of macs at work...

engla
March 7th, 2006, 11:02 PM
Yes, on my laptop I have
Ubuntu Breezy
Mac OS X Tiger

Last time I booted into OS X was a week ago.. I had some issues with ipods and cameras, the camera now works with gthumb but the ipod is still not resolved...

I can't really delete the OS X partition .. I'm still the guru of the family so I have to use it to solve problems for them.

I also have some specific data and lots of programming projects that only run in it [yeah, it's sentimental, I'm moving on to python, GTK, autotools, C, etc]

Skye
March 7th, 2006, 11:05 PM
I answered dual, because my main PC (my laptop) runs windows and Dapper- and only windows because I need it for school, and for something to fall back to if Dapper breaks.

As for the other computers, my desktop has Breezy on it for just about everything, and a Windows partition for games. My server runs Hoary exclusively, and my firewall runs Smoothwall.

briancurtin
March 7th, 2006, 11:06 PM
i see no use for windows, therefore i only use arch (or whatever the flavor of the month has been in the past, but it looks like im staying arch)

byen
March 7th, 2006, 11:30 PM
My Answer - Dual Boot

1.Ubuntu (k7 kernel) - as my primary OS
2.Windows XP - for games and my iRiver mp3 player (which has the playforsure crap)

I have been using Linux for almost 10 months now and Im happy to say that I am now pretty much all Ubuntu. I still use XP for games but with more and more pc games now available on the PS2...I can say that Im hardly ever on my XP anymore.

Ubunted
March 7th, 2006, 11:54 PM
Pure Ubuntu on the laptop, pure Windows on the main rig.

I just upped my laptop's hard drive from 30 to 80 GB so I don't need a Linux partition on my precious gaming rig and can now keep my media on the laptop.

Lux Perpetua
March 8th, 2006, 12:13 AM
Triple-booter:

- Windows XP (I'm relatively new to Linux, so I haven't gotten rid of it just in case (and I did pay for it))
- Breezy (most frequently used by far; excellent OS)
- SuSE 10.0 (I prefer KDE to Gnome now, so we'll see how this goes)

My two Linux systems share a single physical partition on my disk, using Logical Volume Management. I originally had NTLDR as my main boot loader on the MBR, but now it's Grub. I haven't regretted it yet; Grub is a pretty good boot loader. :-)

-Rick-
March 8th, 2006, 12:16 AM
Got currently 5 OSes (FreeBSD/NetBSD/Windows/Kubuntu/Solaris). Solaris is buggy as hell so probably going to replace that.

Bandit
March 8th, 2006, 12:39 AM
Currect just one OS. Ubuntu Breezy 64bit.
But I am thinking about running dual boot next month after Dapper is released so I can play GuildWhores hmm hmm GuildWars again..

poofyhairguy
March 8th, 2006, 01:35 AM
Dual boot to play CS Source. But I hate going to the Windows side because I built my computer for Linux and many things don't work well in Windows. For example, in Windows I have to unplug and re-pluggin my mouse to get it to work.

Ubuntu Dapper works without a hitch.

aysiu
March 8th, 2006, 01:40 AM
I'm booting six Linux distros on my older computer (PCLinuxOS, Mepis, Ubuntu Breezy, Kubuntu Breezy, Ubuntu Dapper, and SuSE) and dual-booting Windows and Kubuntu Breezy on my newer computer.

Almost never boot into Windows.

Swiss
March 8th, 2006, 01:52 AM
*awe* Thats.... Neat!

bored2k
March 8th, 2006, 01:55 AM
You polled, ah, Just one OS... ? ;)I picked the wrong one.

Ozitraveller
March 8th, 2006, 02:00 AM
Not yet, waiting for Dapper!

ShanghaiTeej
March 8th, 2006, 02:27 AM
I have Ubuntu Dapper on my master drive and kubuntu dapper on my slave (just because they don't behave nicely on the same installation anymore). I keep meaning to install XP onto my slave drive for games, but I just don't think I have the heart anymore. Ubuntu was my first linux distribution and the one that I've stuck with ever since Hoary came out.

Jedeye
March 8th, 2006, 02:47 AM
dual - breezy(primary) dapper(for fun)

zachtib
March 8th, 2006, 03:36 AM
voted just one, though technically i have dapper on a partition for testing purposes. i am however 100% linux, and at college. I've yet to have one thing i need to use windows for, and im trying to keep it that way

vayu
March 8th, 2006, 10:02 AM
I have Windows, FreeBSD and Breezy on two different desktop computers, and Windows and Breezy on my laptop.

I go in and out of all of them regularly and sometimes I have trouble trying to figure out where I saved stuff.

Mlafflin
March 8th, 2006, 10:24 AM
Hello, I am trying to tri boot. PLease help me!
I am doing a paper on three different linux OS's, and for research I tried installing SUSE on a laptop (toshiba) which already had an XP partition and an ext3 with ubuntu, which I really like. Then I tried installin SUSE and right at the end it failed. The very last thng it does are four steps
-udating configuration (success)
-copy files to installed sysm(sucess)
-install boot mgr (this is where it froze)
-prep system for boot (never go there)
there were two buttons at the bottom of the page, one was cancel (not sure, it was on the bottom left)
the other was accept)
I chose accept and that was it. a message that said unsuccesful or wahatever and I was restarting the computer. when I did I never again saw my Grub loader.
I had to fix mbr after trying to fid something either on my ubunt live and regualr cd and also my suse.
I'm very new to linux and would like to finish this paper which is due in three hours. PLease help!

Lanrond
March 8th, 2006, 10:35 AM
See my sig...

Mlafflin
March 8th, 2006, 10:43 AM
huh?

FISHERMAN
March 8th, 2006, 11:28 AM
I used to have a dual boot with WinXP. But since there are only 2 Windows programs for which I haven't found a decent linux alternative and since they run perfectly under Wine, I just deleted my WinXP Partition.
So now I'm only using Ubuntu Linux.

BoyOfDestiny
March 8th, 2006, 11:30 AM
Just Ubuntu. :)

Gustav
March 8th, 2006, 11:37 AM
Technically I dualboot since I still have a Windows partition.

But I have not booted Windows in a year or so :)

Koobi
March 8th, 2006, 12:05 PM
as of tonight i will have Ubuntu, SymphonyOS, freeBSD and Windows (for Photoshop and some games because wine is too slow for me)

kenweill
March 8th, 2006, 12:46 PM
Single.
I don't know exactly how to describe mine.
Its not a dual boot. Instead, I installed Windows through VMware Workstation.
Windows inside Linux.

The Windows in my system is just used to connect to the internet and share it to the network. I surf the net from Linux(Ubuntu).

Another thing is, I use Excel to calculate how much time and amount spent for our customers. Can't convert my excel files to OpenOffice.

Also, for printing. I can't use my printer in Linux while Windows is loaded.

Don't know where to vote with mine(poll).

el_ricardo
March 8th, 2006, 03:02 PM
currently just the one

in the process of installing winxp as dual boot this second lol

Swiss
March 8th, 2006, 04:41 PM
I dual boot XP & Ubuntu Breezy...

XP for what I can't do in Ubuntu, & Visa Versa... I do find myself in Ubuntu more and more lately...

Thorin
March 8th, 2006, 04:50 PM
Dual

XP for school software and games, Ubuntu all the other times

earobinson
March 8th, 2006, 05:07 PM
single boot, just lots of computers :)

Swiss
March 8th, 2006, 05:51 PM
I'm surprised how many staff just boot one!

earobinson
March 9th, 2006, 07:27 PM
I'm surprised how many staff just boot one!
May I ask why?

lullebakman
March 9th, 2006, 07:31 PM
I have Win XP Pro, Breezy & Dapper. I consider it as multi.
(I have even 9 options in GRUB: For each Ubuntu 2 kernels and for each kernel a normal and a recovery options + Win XP Pro)

angkor
March 9th, 2006, 08:30 PM
Dual. Breezy as my main workstation and Dapper for testing, breakage and supreme eyecandy. :)

mstlyevil
March 9th, 2006, 08:49 PM
Single. I love to be punnished so it is Dapper.

Teroedni
March 9th, 2006, 08:52 PM
Single
Dapper 64 bit

But i planning to add Dapper 32 bit as well so i can use flash and then have a shared
/home directory betwen them.

I dont know if i can share home between 64bit and 32bit but guess i find out when i try...lol

Swiss
March 9th, 2006, 09:19 PM
May I ask why?

You may. ;)

I just thought that to staff to a forum like this, you had to be an expert (at what you do) And to me, experts do expert type things - like Dual booting - and things like that.... Now if you single boot Ubuntu thats dif... :rolleyes:

Swiss
April 6th, 2006, 06:41 PM
I've done it!

I now Multi boot:

Knoppix
Kanotix (sp?)
Symphony OS
Ubuntu
PClinuxOS
DSL
Kubuntu
Windows XP
FreeBSD
Arch Linux
CentOS
Xubuntu
Musixs (sp?)

I plan to add more... :D

zubrug
April 6th, 2006, 06:49 PM
got tired of it, no reason for it these days, I have this forum to thank.

KingBahamut
April 6th, 2006, 06:54 PM
Nope I dont.

htinn
April 6th, 2006, 07:10 PM
Unless you count having Fedora Core 5 as a backup OS on the other drive as dual booting, I'm just a single booter.

K.Mandla
April 6th, 2006, 07:44 PM
I used to dual boot. I got rid of Windows when I hadn't booted into it in two weeks. That was when I realized I didn't need it. Now it's straight Ubuntu for me.

bonzodog
April 6th, 2006, 07:53 PM
I have just Xubuntu Dapper 64 on this system....No MS here!

malavar
April 7th, 2006, 01:42 AM
my main pc is strictly ubuntu now... i got tired of windows, but i do have a few pcs still running windows, I just love the linux CLI!!! its so fun, its my new hobby, instead of playing windows pc games.

FusionXN1
November 18th, 2006, 03:27 AM
Simple, Do you use ubuntu ONLY or dual boot? I was thinking of ditching my pc games and going to ubuntu only im sick of windows :/

emarkay
November 18th, 2006, 03:36 AM
Too many programs I have that are not Linux - including Flight Simulator.

Will use Linux for Internet and WIN98 for all else.

rfruth
November 18th, 2006, 03:41 AM
I have a G3 iMac that is used one or twice a week but my main computer is a x86 box with Edgy that is used daily :)

compuguy1088
November 18th, 2006, 03:44 AM
I personally for day to day tasks (web browsing, emails, writing, etc) use Ubuntu Edgy, but I still have a windows computer with XP for gamming for the fact that gaming has slightly better performance under a native set than Linux. I also have an old Inspiron 7000 that I mess around with and do some web browsing, because of its 3 hour battery life, compared to my Acer 3003 LCi (one hour :().

shoagun
November 18th, 2006, 03:53 AM
I use a dell latitude D810 laptop with ONLY ubuntu. I have another desktop with XP on it, but I don't use it anymore.

Actually, the only thing I use it for is to change security settings on pdf documents (using adobe pro 7) so I can then read them on my ubuntu machine and add comments

Iandefor
November 18th, 2006, 03:55 AM
I dual boot with Fedora Core 6.

Dual Cortex
November 18th, 2006, 03:58 AM
I only use Linux, and I completely changed to Linux with NO knowledge of Linux.
It's been about 6 weeks... and it's been a great experience too :).

lowracer
November 18th, 2006, 04:00 AM
Ubuntu only. I have 2 programs that won't work in Linux and don't work in Wine. I get along fine without them.

FusionXN1
November 18th, 2006, 04:01 AM
Well thing is guys some of my hardware dont work and theres no NTFS write support or I would go ubuntu all the way WINDOWS VISTA JUST CRASHED ON ME 3 TIMES IN THE LAST 10 MINUTES and im on RTM aswell!

Skia_42
November 18th, 2006, 04:01 AM
Ubuntu only, i never got into the gaming scene because i used to use Apple OSX. Linux all the way.

Aranel
November 18th, 2006, 04:05 AM
I dual-boot Windows XP just because of software I need for school and because my camera phone's very obscure driver isn't available for Linux (took me hours to find it just for Windows!). Oh, and also because my iPod shuffle doesn't work too well with Rhythmbox, Banshee, amaroK, or Konqueror. I only boot up in Windows about once a month, though, and I resent every moment of it.

WalmartSniperLX
November 18th, 2006, 04:07 AM
I use only ubuntu :D I had no real need for windows other than games, and I have an xbox for that :D

FusionXN1
November 18th, 2006, 04:11 AM
I use only ubuntu :D I had no real need for windows other than games, and I have an xbox for that :D

:o I use it only for gaming! Ok, heres the thing -

I got a logitech G15, logitech desk mic, X-FI and zboard fang all of which dont work with linux.

I also have 2 NTFS storage drives that ubuntu cant write to :(

I would like some advice, seeing how pcs are getting too expensive for gaming im gonna grab a 360 and goto ubuntu.

Any advice would be great!

EDIT: Oh, and vista just crashed twice more while using VLC :/

PilotJLR
November 18th, 2006, 04:19 AM
Too many programs I have that are not Linux - including Flight Simulator.

Will use Linux for Internet and WIN98 for all else.

Ubuntu only for me. But I use RHEL at work, and have multiple virtual machines for misc purposes.

emarkay - ditch M$FS! Go to www.x-plane.com and try the demo. It's unreal. Way more realistic than anything else I've seen (outside of the multi-million dollar FAA Level D sims I used to get abused in).

FusionXN1
November 18th, 2006, 04:20 AM
Ubuntu only for me. But I use RHEL at work, and have multiple virtual machines for misc purposes.

emarkay - ditch M$FS! Go to www.x-plane.com and try the demo. It's unreal. Way more realistic than anything else I've seen (outside of the multi-million dollar FAA Level D sims I used to get abused in).

NO WAY! Is that a linux game?

DigitalAxis
November 18th, 2006, 04:22 AM
Dual-boot with Windows XP, for Powerpoint, Chaoscope, and the demoscene.

Crashmaxx
November 18th, 2006, 04:24 AM
I still dual-boot on my laptop, stuff like GPS and car diognostics need xp.

But xp currently isn't "usable" and I haven't "needed" it for months.

IusedTObeSOMEONEelse
November 18th, 2006, 04:44 AM
Have one machine to play w/Feisty, one w/WinXP for games and one steady one for Edgy and use it daily. I have learned so much using Ubuntu over the last few months. Thanks community :p

John.Michael.Kane
November 18th, 2006, 04:57 AM
GNU/Linux only on my rig.

Antrix
November 18th, 2006, 05:06 AM
My main desktop runs Ubuntu Edgy only =)

My laptop (ibook g4) runs OS X Tiger + Mac Ports

viper
November 18th, 2006, 05:41 AM
Dual boot, but spend 99% of the time in Linux, that 1% is to check on something that a client might request help pertaining to XP.
Daughters PC D/B XP and Ubuntu edgy she wants MSN and refuses to use aMSN "coz its not pretty enuff".
My Son could not care less as long as he can surf, home work and music, he prefers Ubuntu, no need to run all those spyware scans!!!
Most of our pc`s are running Linux these days...........

angrykeyboarder
November 18th, 2006, 05:47 AM
Simple, Do you use ubuntu ONLY or dual boot?

Neither.

I boot Windows Vista x64, Windows Vista x86, Windows XP Professional (32-bit), Ubuntu 6.10, Fedora Core 6 and FreeBSD. :-D

I spend most of my time in Ubuntu, followed by Vista 64.

adam.tropics
November 18th, 2006, 05:50 AM
Ubuntu only on laptop, but I do keep a crappy old desktop with XP. The minute I manage to get photos/music to and from a Nokia N80, the desktop is gone!

Dokatz
November 18th, 2006, 05:52 AM
I HAVE WINDOWS

But I might as well not. Ubuntu is such a slick operating system in every way, That if I can't do it in ubuntu, I usually decide I can live without it. It's helped me play less video games and read more, browse wikipedia/Damninteresting more, and experiment to better my computer and my OS more.

Just the speed at which everything operates pales in comparison to windows. And I like how I have utter control of EVERYTHING and I get to see EVERYTHING my OS does, And stop it if I feel like it. Unlike windows, which is like watching a movie with someone blocking out half of the screen.

nematocyst
November 18th, 2006, 06:10 AM
I have had dual-boot systems before, but it's inconvenient to reboot just to play a game or do some odd task. I don't do that anymore. Instead, I now have 3 systems. One exists mostly for samba, and it's running Debian. The one I'm writing this on runs Ubuntu only, and I have one other running Windows 2000. Ubuntu is slowly taking over most of my computing needs.

I'm a windows developer, so I do need windows. But, I'm slowly moving my development and testing over to virtual machines. Soon, I won't need a Windows box to write or test Windows software. That's just too cool, heh.

But I'm not there yet. Besides, I must play Starcraft, and my 2k box handles that far better than any linux method available. I also do my video encoding on that box, since it's the fastest one I have.

aspro
November 18th, 2006, 06:20 AM
I run Mac OS X, with Ubuntu running in Parallels. This way I get the most of both worlds (hardware support in OS X, and open source software in Linux.)

Though I can see someday in the not to distant future a complete switch. Ubuntu is really heading in the right direction for me.

Titus A Duxass
November 18th, 2006, 08:22 AM
Four times Ubuntu or variants of, one times Fedora 5.

I have a win98 CD and a win2k CD along with a stack of driver CDs!

Shauntp
November 18th, 2006, 08:59 AM
Simple, Do you use ubuntu ONLY or dual boot? I was thinking of ditching my pc games and going to ubuntu only im sick of windows :/
Ubuntu is the only thing for me.

DC@DR
November 18th, 2006, 09:02 AM
Sadly enough, I sill have to dualboot, can't get rid of Windows yet :(

aysiu
November 18th, 2006, 09:07 AM
I have a dual boot set up, but I rarely boot into Windows.

I think the last time I boot in was to create this tutorial:
http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/installing

P.S. Merged this with the other "do you dual boot?" thread.

shining
November 18th, 2006, 12:28 PM
Me too, I've windows dual boot set up, but I never boot in it.
I removed windows and the restore partition on my previous laptop, and one year and 2 months later, when it was out of warranty, I needed windows again. And I had to buy it a second time from IBM.. (Thanks, IBM).
So I don't think I'll remove it this time. Though I didn't burn any restore cd/dvd, because the HP tool for doing it is totally messed up.
So if the hard drive go nuts, I can replace it, but I'll lose windows again, and have to buy it again.
I'm starting to love computer sellers as much as I love Microsoft.

PilotJLR
November 18th, 2006, 03:02 PM
NO WAY! Is that a linux game?

Sure is, runs very well on Ubuntu and Fedora Core (the 2 I've used it on).

AndyCooll
November 18th, 2006, 04:56 PM
No dual booting here. Have Ubuntu only on all my desktops and laptops.

I must admit to having an XP VMware image which I use to play FM07. I also use Vmware to look at other distros and see what all the fuss is about.

:cool:

cantormath
November 18th, 2006, 04:57 PM
Do you Dual boot?

Dual boot is retarded........but I understand why people do it...eventually they move to linux only....

RChickenMan
November 18th, 2006, 05:12 PM
As it stands, I dual-boot XP and Ubuntu. For now, I have absolutely no need for Windows whatsoever, as I am taking a semester off to do an internship. However, once school starts up again, I know some of my engineering classes are going to require me to use obscure windows-only software. The problem with that is I will end up booting into windows to use certain applications, get lazy and stay there, and slowly drift away from the Linux world. To combat this, I am considering killing my XP partition and using virtualization within Ubuntu to run a virtual windows machine for whenver I need to run Windows software.

rsambuca
November 18th, 2006, 06:45 PM
I use ubuntu for most things, but I still need XP for videoconferencing overseas with family members (so our daughter can see her grandparents whenever she wants). Unless someone has an alternative to skype video and sightspeed on XP, I'll be stuck with dual booting for now.

mo79
November 18th, 2006, 11:18 PM
Like many I'd move to Linux only if it wasn't for the void (Games and heavy duty multimedia support).

DOD1951
November 18th, 2006, 11:31 PM
I keep windows to dual boot to because Canon don't provide the support to run my scanner in Ubuntu.

nickpaton
November 18th, 2006, 11:37 PM
I dual boot coz I have IT customers who require Windows support. Other than that I wouldn't bother with windows.

Interestingly, and somewhat obviously, the Windows customers need a lot of support (keeping me in Beer!!), but I've made a big mistake with the Ubuntu ones, coz nothing ever goes wrong, so nothing for me to do :(

ErikTheRed
December 11th, 2006, 04:37 AM
Used to have a dual boot of XP Pro and Kubuntu. Now running solely Kubuntu, I'm glad I've finally moved to a world without Windows. Though I may end up doing a dual boot again, as I am something of a gamer. Though Wine is doing a pretty good job these days running recent games.

saxonjf
December 11th, 2006, 05:16 AM
I actually dual boot for two reasons. Edgy and XP.

1. The wife isn't as adventurous as I am, and if she needs something other than web surfing, she restarts and boots windows.

2. I have not yet figured out how to import my pictures (of family, mostly), and other treasured files. So I keep XP for that, too.

JLB
December 11th, 2006, 05:56 AM
I boot anywhere from 4-7. Windows being the very least one used.
Ubuntu is the default as this is where all my work gets done. Others are to play with.

Hendrixski
December 11th, 2006, 06:08 AM
I dual boot because some things my customers send me only open in windows... other than that, I'm all LINUX

dbbolton
December 11th, 2006, 07:00 AM
naturally

mpampix
December 11th, 2006, 10:52 AM
I have only Dapper but I'm thninking of installing Open BSD on a second hard disk (although I don't have enough free time but I'll give it a try).

ashleycrue
December 11th, 2006, 12:42 PM
Dual boot on my pc because theres things I still haven't figured out but my laptop is solely unbuntu.

falkenberg_cph
December 11th, 2006, 12:46 PM
Just one. But i would like to dual boot between Ubuntu and Ubuntu. In case i **** up something, and cant login from one, i might be able to fix it from the other.

gh0st
December 11th, 2006, 02:51 PM
I used to dual boot with Linux and Windows but after not booting into Windows for 6 months I decided to reclaim the disk space. I now just boot linux and use VMWare on the rare occasions I absolutely need windows. It's much easier. I can listen to my tunes in Amarok while working in Visual Studio :-)

RChickenMan
December 11th, 2006, 05:08 PM
Soon I'm probably going to reduce my windows partition down to the bare minimum, get rid of my "fatdata" partition and stick all of my stuff in the linux partition. I'll also keep a small virtual windows machine around in Ubuntu. I want to keep my windows partition in some form just in case one day some professor gives me a piece of windows software that has no linux equivalent and won't run under WINE or VMWare (most likely some software designed to interface very specific hardware).

lyceum
December 11th, 2006, 05:15 PM
Once I am out of school I will dual boot different 'buntus, until then, my school forces me to use things that only work in Windows.

highneko
December 11th, 2006, 05:23 PM
Dual boot. 50gb windows media center which I rarely use, one linux-swap, and two ext3 partitions which use 180gb.

dorcssa
December 11th, 2006, 05:44 PM
I dual boot too, but I don't use windows. But my linux distro is only two month old, so it would be early to get rid of win. :D

Hobbsee
December 12th, 2006, 07:27 AM
tripple, so far. should add more.

oh, plus suse 10.1 in a VM.

does that count as a quad boot?

oh, and Xen.

quintboot?

too many, it seems.

KucingKelabu
December 12th, 2006, 07:46 AM
Dualboot, ubuntu Edgy and Windows XP

Edgy for development, Windows for wasting time

Iarwain ben-adar
December 12th, 2006, 08:52 AM
I would like to boot multi aswell,
but my harddisk doesn't allow any more partitions..
Quite a shame actually, because i like tinkering :D

Now dualbooting Kubuntu Feisty and Windows XP

Iarwain

Malta paul
December 12th, 2006, 11:22 AM
I dualboot. - Ubuntu Edgy on one HD as default, the M$ XP on my second HD. :D

Circus-Killer
December 12th, 2006, 11:31 AM
i used to dual boot, because i bought rome total war and the first 3 splinter cells in a boxset. so i dual booted so i could play them. but then i decided to lose the dual booting. and since my games have been collecting dust.

i wish i could play my games, but oh well. i'm willing to give them up so that i dont have to use windows.

johan@
December 13th, 2006, 12:02 AM
openSUSE, CentOS, Slackware, Ubuntu.

Frozzen^Fox
December 13th, 2006, 12:10 AM
Dual, dapper & xp

yabbadabbadont
December 13th, 2006, 12:15 AM
Technically not a dual boot, but Dapper with Win2k inside of VMWare.

SnTholiday
December 13th, 2006, 12:42 AM
Used to dual boot Ubuntu and XP because I couldn't get used to the financial software packages available with Linux. Tried several people's suggestion to use Moneydance but could not get it installed. Besides, I don't want to use Ubuntu and end up having to pay for software. Use Gnucash now and got rid of Windows. Feels good.

ashleycrue
December 27th, 2006, 12:40 AM
I need to change my vote to 'just one OS' cos xp 'had a little accident':)

dorcssa
December 27th, 2006, 05:39 PM
I've just got rid of windows. I could see this happening, cos when I switched, after that I never used it. :D

Praxicoide
December 28th, 2006, 07:57 AM
Just Ubuntu for me.

shakey_jake
December 28th, 2006, 07:59 AM
Just the one

oyvindaa
December 28th, 2006, 08:11 AM
I do not dual boot. I did for a short period of time some months ago, but I felt that it wasn't optimal. If I were to have windows I'd have to have it on a separate computer.

OrangeCrate
January 1st, 2007, 04:34 AM
For now yes. I get a free upgrade to Vista Basic with my new HP box, but once I've satisfied my curiosity, it'll probably be gone. I don't need Windows.

shanepardue
January 1st, 2007, 04:38 AM
Why dual-boot windows when you can vmware?

basketcase
January 1st, 2007, 05:58 AM
Actually just have Dapper on it by itself, but I want to boot Dapper, XP and Probably Zen Walk or some other xfce-based distro.

I need windows on my notebook.

SAGEv4.5
January 1st, 2007, 06:02 AM
If we buy a new computer for my wife we will probably keep it a Windows machine and I will use Linux on older used machines for myself upstairs. Single boot each machine.

Quillz
January 1st, 2007, 09:26 AM
I dual boot between Windows and Linux.

djlyx
January 24th, 2007, 04:35 PM
On my AMD 2400+- Triple boot, Ubuntu, Fedora, Win XP.

On my Intel Core Duo- Dual boot Xubuntu, Win XP

On my iBook- Mac OS X- Xubuntu

DougieFresh4U
January 24th, 2007, 04:39 PM
Different machines, different OS's. So I guess that's not dual booting

CCBalla10
January 24th, 2007, 04:49 PM
I only dual to use windows for my games...like halo

Skidpad
January 25th, 2007, 03:04 AM
I dual-boot on this laptop. It was (and is) my first foray into the Linux world. I am slowly adding functionality and getting used to it, and don't boot into XP very often - other than checking to make sure it will still work for my wife. :D