PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] problem during instalation of ubuntu

savy118
February 18th, 2010, 11:11 PM
Hi there im new to this but i have a problem booting up from cd to install the os; my problem is as follows.

i can boot up fine at first no problem everything ok for now.
i can use the arrow keys to select what language i want and press the "ENTER" button.
on the next page i can use all the f1 f2 f3 f4 menues etc and i can use the arrow keys to highlight the five options, but the "ENTER" button will not work when trying to select
1. try ubuntu
2. install ubuntu
3. check disc or any of the five options etc.

i dont know if this topics been posted but i have searched , also over internet and youtube. if someone knows whats happening please reply would be a great help, as it seems a bit complicated on main site with all the procedures to go through and i dont think my problems listed,

many thanks

regards

savy

darkod
February 18th, 2010, 11:15 PM
Do you have USB keyboard?

If you do, go into BIOS and check whether USB Legacy support is enabled. It should be for USB keyboard to work properly before the OS is booted (after that the OS drivers take over, but not when you are at the cd boot menu).

MCVenom
February 18th, 2010, 11:24 PM
I had a similar problem when I tried to use a Kubuntu LiveCD I had burned... The problem then was simply that the CD didn't burn correctly, and I had to burn another CD. Did you try burning another CD?

savy118
February 18th, 2010, 11:30 PM
hi there darko no i dont have usb keyboard im using vista laptop.
but find it confusing to start entering bios settings, is their an easier way i as i would of thought it was straight forward installing the os, it seems ok with video tutorials on youtube.

regards

savy

savy118
February 18th, 2010, 11:32 PM
hi yes i burned another cd still have exactly the same problem. they make it all look easy in youtube.

regards

lee

savy118
February 18th, 2010, 11:34 PM
hi yes i burned another cd still have exactly the same problem. they make it all look easy in youtube.

regards

lee
i tried their infra product and iso mode burner i even tried with nero may i have a corrupt download.

darkod
February 18th, 2010, 11:39 PM
Yes, you could have image corrupted during download. Also when burning, use maximum 8x, even better 4x. When burning installation cd you should not use high speed.

MCVenom
February 18th, 2010, 11:46 PM
Yes, you could have image corrupted during download. Also when burning, use maximum 8x, even better 4x. When burning installation cd you should not use high speed.
You mean minimum burn speed. :p

savy118
February 18th, 2010, 11:47 PM
hi thought i might have, i will give it another try in downloading and try again in a day or two its been bugging me nearly 24 hours LOL.

thanks for reply any more might help

regards

lee

darkod
February 19th, 2010, 12:07 AM
You mean minimum burn speed. :p

:) Actually maximum. Maximum to be 8x, in other words not more. :p

PS. Yes, minimum burn speed as you wrote it, but as I wrote the sentence, maximum 8x. :)

MCVenom
February 19th, 2010, 01:41 AM
:) Actually maximum. Maximum to be 8x, in other words not more. :p

PS. Yes, minimum burn speed as you wrote it, but as I wrote the sentence, maximum 8x. :)
Ahh ok :rolleyes: