PDA

View Full Version : Linux has taught me to respect stuff more

arnab_das
February 18th, 2010, 11:02 PM
I started using linux a few years back and back then i was a windows user. I never bothered about bug reports, helping people develop software, etc. I always thought that when I was paying for the software why should I do the hardwork and send in bug reports? After all, all they'll do is release a new version of windows or that particular software and ask me to buy it again.

Ever since i have switched to linux,this whole concept of sharing, contribution etc. has kinda influenced me (no kidding). i now feel the need to report bugs, comment on issues and help out developers by giving inputs/ideas etc. especially since its them who develop the softwares and games and do that for free and out of pure goodwill.

another reason why i am writing this is because, previously, i never even used to look at silly games like Tux racer etc. i was just way to preoccupied with medal of honor, igi and call of duty :)

but since i switched to linux i have learnt to appreciate the value of each and every game and its contribution to the open source community as a whole. although i am not a programmer/developer, i know now more than ever the pains of creating a software/debugging it. kudos to the wonderful devs out there!

(pardon me if this turned out to be a bit mushy :) )