PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] I made startup USB but...?

romantic_warrior73
February 18th, 2010, 01:29 PM
I successfully made an USB start-up disk with "Usb startup Disc Creator" but I noticed that (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1366351&highlight=boot+xp+setup+from+linux+usb+startup+dis k)
there is folder named CD rom and that there is complete WIN XP SETUP folder and HBCD,
H O W C A N I B O O T W I N X P SETUP OR HBCD ???
The Start-up usb is working perfectly only I don't know how to boot with this options
PLEASE HELP URGENT

darkod
February 18th, 2010, 01:49 PM
Do you need the ubuntu startup usb stick or a XP install cd? Those folders were probably there on the stick, and have no connection to the ubuntu install files.
I'm not sure if you can boot them like that, depending whether the boot files for XP are there.

romantic_warrior73
February 18th, 2010, 02:25 PM
No they were not. That's the most amusing thing. There are also DOS startup files on the usb. The Usb stick was formated just before the instalation. there is no chance that I ever copied XP setup files !?!?!? there is complete folder with xp setup files !?!?!?

darkod
February 18th, 2010, 02:56 PM
Yes, that is very weird. I just double checked my usb stick and it has no cdrom folder at all.
Are you sure you are using the correct ISO image? Yes, I know that's a dumb question. :)

romantic_warrior73
February 25th, 2010, 01:44 PM
Yep, it is image from the official site. Who knows what mess I have done... ???