PDA

View Full Version : Gnome Panel, Can I add another menu?

GreenDance
February 17th, 2010, 11:31 PM
Hi, is it possible to add a new menu list in front of "Applications, Places, System" on the Gnome Panel?

Thank You

TheNessus
February 17th, 2010, 11:45 PM
Hi, is it possible to add a new menu list in front of "Applications, Places, System" on the Gnome Panel?

Thank You

right click. "edit menu".

Goodluck on your arduous mission.

ajgreeny
February 18th, 2010, 01:15 AM
I'm not aware that you can add anything to the menu bar as you seem to want to. What exactly do you want to do?

dragos240
February 18th, 2010, 01:57 AM
Better yet go to system - preferences - main menu. And press new menu.

Kensey
November 22nd, 2010, 06:07 AM
right click. "edit menu".

Goodluck on your arduous mission.

That doesn't do what I think he's asking for, which is to add another top-level menu alongside Applications, etc.

I would like the same thing, incidentally -- I have a lot of systems that I connect to over a variety of protocols and it would be a huge timesaver for me if I could just add a "Servers" menu with an entry for each one I use. Currently I have to click Applications, browse down to a submenu, wait for it to pop out, and then navigate over to it and down to the desired system.

racie
November 22nd, 2010, 06:52 AM
I wonder if there's a menu application that would do the job for you? You know, like removing the current menu and replacing it with something like Cairo Menu for example (though I don't believe Cairo Menu has this functionality).

mhretabk
November 22nd, 2010, 06:54 AM
Thanks