then fetal server error

can any one help me

waleed.c
February 18th, 2010, 02:21 PM
up

can any one help me

zaidpirwani
February 27th, 2010, 08:36 AM
You first need to type 'fix-vesa' (without quotes and then 'startx' will work...

I am also a NEWBIE, have DELL Inspiron 1564 and am stuck with it, as LINUX is not working, tried UBUNTU (no display), tried BACKTRACK(can't install it, or run it afterwards...)

teh603
March 2nd, 2010, 04:08 AM
You first need to type 'fix-vesa' (without quotes and then 'startx' will work...

I am also a NEWBIE, have DELL Inspiron 1564 and am stuck with it, as LINUX is not working, tried UBUNTU (no display), tried BACKTRACK(can't install it, or run it afterwards...)

Try the alpha of Lucid, or booting Karmic in Safe Graphics mode. Jaunty should work as well, but it goes straight to Safe Graphics and an ugly stretched 1024x768.

ritendragoel
April 5th, 2010, 08:29 AM
Last week I purchased Dell inspiron 1564 core i3,I installed 9.04 ubuntu 32 bit on my 64 bit intel processor. I am not upgrading it to 9.10 as once it will upgrade to 9.10 it starts hanging even in small application. I tried installing 9.10 32 bit and 64 bit both desktop for AMD processor but after installing successfully even. The kernel image is not loading .
So i kept my system to 9.04, but I am surprised to see that no gcc and g++ compiler is working on my laptop.. I checked the gcc and g++ version they are latest one. I installed build-essential too. After searching for suitable solution, I came to know that I should installed intel 64 bit gcc and g++ compiler for ubuntu (1GB). (it will take couple of days to download)

still R &D is going on. My minimum requirement is that atleast ubuntu must work on on my 64 bit intel processor with gcc and g++ compiler.
Please help me in this matter.

farjad.habib
April 14th, 2010, 07:16 PM
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1447206

i found this link useful...

i had the same problem and was solved...