PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Samsung PC Studio for Ubuntu

king_009
February 17th, 2010, 02:33 PM
Hey guys....
i use internet by connecting my phone to pc.
currently i m using XP. but i want to switch to ubuntu. but the only problem i m getting is that i m unable to find the drivers of Samsung mobile for ubuntu. or please tell me any trick how to connect to internet using samsung phone on ubuntu.
waiting for your responses.
I was thinking about WINE. n even went to its download page. but the tutorial of downloading wine was given using Ubuntu. I need wine to start my internet. but how to download wine if i wont be having samsung phone's drivers!!!

please suggest some steps friends... i m using samsung SGH-E251 for my internet access.

P.T.
January 17th, 2011, 10:56 PM
Hey king_009,

Today I've been looking for something like you. I would like to connect my G600 to my pc to sync .. well everything.
On Windows I would have used PC Studio for this. Unfortunately Samsung PC Studio is rated 'garbage' on WineHQ. So I guess there is no way to connect my phone other than a mass storage device.

Unless someone here can give you a great tip, I'm afraid it is not possible to connect your phone to your pc in the mentioned way.

EDIT:
My bad, in my head it's still 2010

Gazman101
July 13th, 2011, 03:15 PM
Try Oracle VM VirtualBox, install your old copy of XP... Install and run the software for your phone..