PDA

View Full Version : Plans for world peace

weichimaster
February 17th, 2010, 11:35 AM
This thread is to discuss ways of achieving world peace.

Here's my plan:

1) Collect lots of cats
2) Attach lots of helium balloons to the cats
3) Release the floating cats in war zones
4) The fighters will be too disctracted to blow one another up
5) World peace results!

I reckon I can attach magnets to the cats to encourage mid-air mating. It will probably help to evolve cats onto a new breed of flying super-cats. I can't see any flaws at all with my master plan.

audiomick
February 17th, 2010, 11:41 AM
Fantastic! Bound to work!
I'll have to have a think and see if I can't come up with something equally effective. Maybe something along the lines of pigeons trained to crap on anyone holding a weapon, although that might distract the cats too much...;)

Wee_Guy
February 17th, 2010, 01:32 PM
But you must remember to install Linux on any cats that get shot down...

http://www.strangehorizons.com/2004/20040405/badger.shtml

RichardLinx
February 17th, 2010, 01:37 PM
What if they use them for target practice? :(

Otherwise... It's amazingly brilliant!

t0p
February 17th, 2010, 01:40 PM
What if they use them for target practice? :(

That's not going to happen. No one would shoot at a flying cat. Though someone might set flying dogs on them.

RichardLinx
February 17th, 2010, 01:53 PM
That's not going to happen. No one would shoot at a flying cat. Though someone might set flying dogs on them.

All human wars would end, leading to an even larger battle between cats and dogs.

Sporkman
February 17th, 2010, 03:27 PM
No plan that does not involve the use of duct tape could possibly work.

audiomick
February 17th, 2010, 03:35 PM

Here's my plan:

1) Collect lots of cats

This would obviously be done with gaffer tape, which is like duct tape for professionals, so I think he has a chance...

Groucho Marxist
February 17th, 2010, 03:38 PM
This would obviously be done with gaffer tape, which is like duct tape for professionals, so I think he has a chance...

If he uses camouflaged hunter's duct tape, will that mean that the cats will be invisible to radar?

audiomick
February 17th, 2010, 03:55 PM
If he uses camouflaged hunter's duct tape, will that mean that the cats will be invisible to radar?
It might help, but I think you would have to reform the cat's heads into futuristic looking triangular shapes to get the real stealth effect happening, and I think that contravenes animal cruelty laws in most countries.

MasterNetra
February 17th, 2010, 04:18 PM
It might help, but I think you would have to reform the cat's heads into futuristic looking triangular shapes to get the real stealth effect happening, and I think that contravenes animal cruelty laws in most countries.

The balloon would be the bigger give away to radar.

sudoer541
February 17th, 2010, 09:29 PM
Peace will never be restored on this world.
It may be restored for some time in the near future, but it will get 1000 times worse than today.

Mark my words.

KiwiNZ
February 17th, 2010, 09:35 PM
I have two Sons in the Forces ,
I have have also experienced the opposite first hand .

I have a keen interest in peace.

We should all sing

All we are saying , is , Give peace a chance.

handy
February 17th, 2010, 09:38 PM
All of the drinking water in the world will need to be adulterated with a compound that modifies the genetic make up of those who imbibe.

The effect will change the governing balance in the human brain from the "I am", to the "we are".

Done finished.

KiwiNZ
February 17th, 2010, 09:43 PM
All of the drinking water in the world will need to be adulterated with a compound that modifies the genetic make up of those who imbibe.

The effect will change the governing balance in the human brain from the "I am", to the "we are".

Done finished.

It is more than that , it requires a quantum leap in the ethics of mankind, and the mindset of commodities in general.

But to go further will require me to break a cardinal rule of this Forum... No politics.

Sporkman
February 17th, 2010, 09:47 PM
There would need to be no contention of resources, and all people would need to be under the jurisdiction of a government that they find tolerable.

handy
February 17th, 2010, 10:16 PM
It is more than that , it requires a quantum leap in the ethics of mankind, and the mindset of commodities in general.

But to go further will require me to break a cardinal rule of this Forum... No politics.

I just realises that was you hiding behind that new avatar! :)

So, you don't think that a paradigm shift that moves human consciousness from a self centred perspective to one based in whole-ism could bring about all of the required changes in the human psyche that are necessary for us to get collectively, sane?

Sporkman
February 17th, 2010, 10:23 PM

So, you don't think that a paradigm shift that moves human consciousness from a self centred perspective to one based in whole-ism could bring about all of the required changes in the human psyche that are necessary for us to get collectively, sane?

We could all change ourselves to unicorns.

KiwiNZ
February 17th, 2010, 10:34 PM

That is the quantum Leap.

But as my Son told me when he returned from a Peace keeping mission. How can you keep peace for a man who is denied clean drinking water , food and medicine for his sick soon to be dead children because of some line on a map. Denied , not because of his actions , but because of the actions of others.

handy
February 17th, 2010, 10:59 PM
That is the quantum Leap.

But as my Son told me when he returned from a Peace keeping mission. How can you keep peace for a man who is denied clean drinking water , food and medicine for his sick soon to be dead children because of some line on a map. Denied , not because of his actions , but because of the actions of others.

There is nothing I can say.

Man's inhumanity to itself is often so far beyond my comprehension.

thatguruguy
February 17th, 2010, 11:04 PM

I was assuming that strings would be tied to the balloons, and the strings would then be stapled to the cats.

deadalus.globalnode
February 17th, 2010, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by handy.

>There is nothing I can say.
>
>Man's inhumanity to itself is often so far beyond my comprehension.

Mans inhumanity to itself is out of greed. By supporting open source and other things that benefit everyone we take steps closer to universal peace.

handy
February 18th, 2010, 10:46 AM
I have been hoping someone with heart would make the next post.

Unfortunately it has turned out to be me.

The mechanistic diatribe, rooted in the paradigms of consumerism, is to be avoided at all costs. That is really all I have to say. :)

Talk of FOSS is inconsequential under these circumstances in my view.

point_man
February 18th, 2010, 02:28 PM

Here's my plan:

1) Collect lots of cats
3) Release the floating cats in war zones
4) The fighters will be too disctracted to blow one another up
5) World peace results!

I reckon I can attach magnets to the cats to encourage mid-air mating. It will probably help to evolve cats onto a new breed of flying super-cats. I can't see any flaws at all with my master plan.

helium balloons are not needed - just attach a buttered to toast to the cat - cattoast antigravity achieved. propulsion obtained by swirling of tail ofcourse.