PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] How can i install or re-install Windows 7 from Ubuntu 9.10

Edgar09
February 17th, 2010, 12:05 AM
My buddy passed me a CD of W7 i installed & everything was o.k
But then i activate it and reboot it.! It gave me some stinkin error BOOT MSG some like that.!;) and that i had to press ctrl,alt & delete

Now i cant access or enter it :confused:
Now i wonder if i can install or reinstall from ubuntu 9.10
Cause i cant do it from the bios cause it asks me a password :mad:
Which i never had before.....
Any suggestions linux pros.!

Oooo one more thing i tried recovering it form the win7 repair disc but nothing.!!
Stinkin Windows.!

Megafag
February 17th, 2010, 12:55 AM
My buddy passed me a CD of W7 i installed & everything was o.k
But then i activate it and reboot it.! It gave me some stinkin error BOOT MSG some like that.!;) and that i had to press ctrl,alt & delete

Now i cant access or enter it :confused:
Now i wonder if i can install or reinstall from ubuntu 9.10
Cause i cant do it from the bios cause it asks me a password :mad:
Which i never had before.....
Any suggestions linux pros.!

Oooo one more thing i tried recovering it form the win7 repair disc but nothing.!!
Stinkin Windows.!

What operating systems do you have on your computer right now?

Mark Phelps
February 17th, 2010, 03:02 PM
Sorry for the obvious question, but since win7 does NOT come on CDs, only on DVDs, what exactly did your buddy pass you?

I've installed Win7 numerous times for several clients and not once, has it ever installed a BIOS password.

If what you got from you buddy was some bogus pirate version, there's no telling what additional "payload" came with it!

Edgar09
February 17th, 2010, 03:56 PM
Sorry for the obvious question, but since win7 does NOT come on CDs, only on DVDs, what exactly did your buddy pass you?

I've installed Win7 numerous times for several clients and not once, has it ever installed a BIOS password.

If what you got from you buddy was some bogus pirate version, there's no telling what additional "payload" came with it!

Yeaa your right it is a pirate version..
But i need the damm windows to do my Homework with SQL 2008
Or does anybody know if i can work with Linux oracle?
But can SQL open the Database from Oracle Linux?