PDA

View Full Version : Web Edition of My Book

jmat
February 16th, 2010, 03:09 PM
Hello Fellow Ubuntu-ites!

Just a note to let folks know that I've just published an online abbreviated web edition of the forthcoming 2nd edition of my book, Regionalism and Globalization. In the book is a chapter devoted to the MS Windows OS Monopoly and the growing Linux Challenge. I also urge readers to support the Linux enterprise, particulary in its Ubuntu and Open Suse distributions. The critque against the Windows Monopoly could have been much stronger, but I didn't want to come off as having a chip on my shoulder, but merely to point out the problem and suggest Linux as a solution.

The decision to publish an abbreviated edition of my book online is in keeping with the goals, spirit and orientation of the Linux enterprise in making available information/materials/software to the public at no cost. Now I still want people to buy the 2nd edition of my book, of course, which is why the web edition is abbreviated. I will keep this group informed of the publication and release of my forthcoming book.

The title page and web portal for Regionalism and Globalzation can be found at:

http://eaglecoast.org/webedition

Hope you all enjoy,

Joe

audiomick
February 16th, 2010, 03:15 PM
Two typos in the first paragraph![-X

given along with a breif description

have been adpated and
But I will read it anyway...;)

Thanks for the link.

Nevon
February 16th, 2010, 04:27 PM
I found some small factual errors here and there, but overall it was a fairly nice read. The introduction to Linux was for me as an established Linux user not that revealing, but the part about the computing monopoly was quite interesting.

jmat
February 16th, 2010, 09:22 PM
Hi,

Thanks guys for your comments regarding my book. Nevon, I will write you privately about the "small factual errors" you found as I want everything to be completely correct before this volume is fully published.

Another note....if you liked the Windows Monopoly/Linux Challenge essay you might also like "The Technological Compression of the Globe,"--the graphics were done on the Linux based statistical software package 'R' :)

Joe