PDA

View Full Version : Pastafarianism.

BslBryan
February 16th, 2010, 10:43 AM
I am well aware that discussing religion on this forum is against the forum's rules. However, there is a wonderful one that I have been following recently: Pastafarianism.

For those who do not know, Pastafarianism is the belief that the universe was created by the Flying Spaghetti Monster, a deity that resembles spaghetti and meatballs. The Pastafarian belief of Heaven contains a beer volcano and a stripper factory. It is a similar situation for Hell, in that the beer is stale and the strippers have several problems.

Pastafarians celebrate every Friday as a holy day. Around the time of Christmas, Hanukkah, and Kwanzaa, Pastafarians celebrate a vaguely-defined holiday named "Holiday". Holiday does not take place on "a specific date so much as it is the Holiday season, itself". Because Pastafarians "reject dogma and formalism", there are no specific requirements for Holiday. Pastafarians are instructed to celebrate Holiday however they please.

My personal favorite aspect of Pastafarianism is the holiday of Ramendan, during which Pastafarians eat only Ramen noodles to sympathize with poor college students - similar to fasting.

The "Eight I'd Really Rather that You Didn'ts" are loose rules to the religion. Go ahead and read them. :-)

Obviously, this is satirical, but very entertaining and well worth the novelty. Read up more at www.venganza.org, or just wikipedia/google it. But, for all of us Pastafarians on the forums, here's a little tribute. Post pictures, or any other type of Pastafarian media found online.

May the sauce be with you.
RAmen.

bapoumba
February 16th, 2010, 10:58 AM
Okay, the BigNoodle is going to hit the "close" button :D