PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody tried this browser?

26venger
February 16th, 2010, 01:29 AM
i recently downloaded and installed the Midori browser. ive found it to be extremely fast. has anyone else tried it?

XubuRoxMySox
February 16th, 2010, 01:42 AM
Yup! Very fast, low demand on system resources. But I frequently like to go back a few pages rather than just the one previous one. In Firefox it's just a matter of clicking on the li'l \/ arrow next to the Refresh button. In Midori - not possible. You can use a host file to block ads, but the AdBlock extension for Firefox works way better. And it crashed frequently on my 'puter.

But given a little more time, I predict Midori will be a full-featured kick-butt browser, especially because it is the official browser of the Xfce project now.

-Robin

AllRadioisDead
February 16th, 2010, 01:48 AM
Naw feel.

PsychoDevon
February 16th, 2010, 01:49 AM
Yes! It works very fine, but I recently went back to Firefox because I like Firefox's way of tabs better, and WebkitGTK (What Midori uses) does not support Java.

Yes
February 16th, 2010, 01:57 AM
I just installed it again, and this was the first time I was able to get it to run.

It was certainly faster than Firefox, but I don't have the time to get it working how I like.

Perhaps later.

themarker0
February 16th, 2010, 02:03 AM
Yup. Its on the list i use. I use this one for browsing static non forum. So random googling for answers etc. Though it is most likely going to be replaced by google chrome soon enough.

Jesus_Valdez
February 16th, 2010, 03:03 AM
I'm fan of Midori.

I just hate that every now and then an update loose my cookies, but nothing serious.