PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] resolution

legend_018
February 15th, 2010, 04:35 PM
I installed ubuntu desktop for the first time. I was able to find and install the drivers for the nvidia graphic card and all looks good.

However, I can't change resolution. In the nvidia settings it says it's not available because my monitor height is 600 or less and in the administrative settings in ubuntu, it recommends I go to the nvidia settings for making changes. Even if I do go in there, there is nothing in there for changing resolution size.

So when using Firefox, I have to scroll up and down and right and left because everything is just too big.

: (

Note*, In Windows even with the small monitor, I'm pretty sure it let me change the settings so that I could see everything in an internet browser, so i didn't have to scroll right and left and up and down just to see things. Kind of makes it hard for my 3 year old to play a simple dora game on dora's website.

warp99
February 17th, 2010, 07:56 PM
You can change it in the Nvidia settings. Just go and click on "X Server Display Configuration" then "Resolution" in the Display dialog box and change it from auto to what's available.