PDA

View Full Version : Happy Vday everyone

toupeiro
February 14th, 2010, 11:44 PM
Just wanting to say Happy V-day to those participating in it today. Don't like the day? Thats fine, just don't spoil it for those who do with how commercialized you think it is and any other reason you may have! :)

I plan on making a shrimp and bay scallop seafood linguine for my wife and I tonight. In about an hour, we're going to go enjoy a movie.

And yes, we would most likely do this regardless of a particular holiday for the occasion, but why shouldn't we because it IS Valentines? :)

Cheers!

-T

Muffinabus
February 15th, 2010, 12:21 AM
Going to IHOP after work tonight with the girlfriend (:

We sort of always find some reason to go to IHOP though... Oh, and I bought her a 5 pound gummy bear.

toupeiro
February 15th, 2010, 12:39 AM
Oh, and I bought her a 5 pound gummy bear.

Awesome!

ElSlunko
February 15th, 2010, 12:40 AM
We're staying in. Had originally planned to go out and get Italian but our lack of planning has lead us to stay home with pizza & star wars marathon. Loving life...

Luke has no name
February 15th, 2010, 12:48 AM
I'm single. I've experienced my first heartbreak recently.

I do think it's commercialized, and I do think (based on the people and the commercial pressures I see) that the men have undue pressure on them to be innovative AND/OR spend a lot of money to show their love. Women don't have to do anything special... Ugh.

How I would like to find a good woman. I had one, until I broke up with her and my friend asked her out three days later. He's in from out of town, and he's sleeping in her bed this weekend. Makes you wonder how much those eight months meant. fffffuuuuUUUUUUUUU.

Just gotta learn from loss and mistakes, man.

ElSlunko
February 15th, 2010, 12:56 AM
I'm single. I've experienced my first heartbreak recently.

I do think it's commercialized, and I do think (based on the people and the commercial pressures I see) that the men have undue pressure on them to be innovative AND/OR spend a lot of money to show their love. Women don't have to do anything special... Ugh.

How I would like to find a good woman. I had one, until I broke up with her and my friend asked her out three days later. He's in from out of town, and he's sleeping in her bed this weekend. Makes you wonder how much those eight months meant. fffffuuuuUUUUUUUUU.

Just gotta learn from loss and mistakes, man.

LOL FuuUUUUUU indeed.

My friend has been heartbroken for years. I tell him just be glad you don't feel obliged to spend money today or any day.

Psumi
February 15th, 2010, 03:00 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V-Day

NovaAesa
February 15th, 2010, 03:36 AM
Valentines day was yesterday :P

men have undue pressure on them to be innovative AND/OR spend a lot of money to show their love. Women don't have to do anything special... Ugh.I must agree with this sentiment.

Luckily for me, my gf doesn't like V-day either, and thinks it is commercial-drivel.

steveneddy
February 15th, 2010, 04:28 AM
Took the GF to Saltgrass for steaks Fri nite - Sat went out for BBQ and today went to see "Dear on", a new chick flick so she could cuddle with me a little more.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone on UF!

toupeiro
February 15th, 2010, 07:30 AM
lol.

Wife and I went to see Wolfman! :) Not a "cuddle movie" but we enjoyed it none the less! The Seafood Linguine was a hit. Rather than me make it, we made it together, which made it much more fun.