PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu_studio] Grub Boot Loader failure on clean install

Arpagiator
February 14th, 2010, 11:14 PM
Hello Everyone, and thx for checking my post.

I'm having a problem installing Ubuntu Studio 9.10-alternate-amd64 onto my machine. This is the third attempt and I keep running into the same problem. Grub Boot Loader will only install to 16% when a screen pops up:

Ubuntu Installer Main Menu

Choose the next step in the install process:

choose language
configure the keyboard
detect and mount CD-rom
etc...

choosing the option "Install Grub boot loader on a hard disk" sends me back to the Grub install and once again at 16% the Ubuntu Installer Main Menu pops up. Choosing the option "Install the Lilo Boot Loader on a hard disk" resolves in an Lilo-install failure and i'm directed back to the Installer Main Menu.

The option "Finish the installation" sends me (funny enough) back to the same menu..

I'm stumped as to what to do... a disk check ensured me that the instal-dvd is valid though I can't get past this silly install menu. Any idea's what steps I should take next?

Thx in advance,
Arpagiator

Yogotiss
February 15th, 2010, 01:44 AM
What are you machine specs?

Arpagiator
February 15th, 2010, 03:10 AM
Thx Yogo for the response, bu i found the problem in the meantime.. I was trying to install Ubuntu onto a raid setup hdd's. Guess i'll look twice before trying that again! hehe

Yogotiss
February 15th, 2010, 03:18 PM
Thx Yogo for the response, bu i found the problem in the meantime.. I was trying to install Ubuntu onto a raid setup hdd's. Guess i'll look twice before trying that again! hehe

Oh ok kool, all a part of troubleshooting. If you ever need any help and no one answers your post. Feel free to PM me.