PDA

View Full Version : [other] re a dell poweredge 800 debain build

marlene1950
February 14th, 2010, 11:02 PM
Can some help me with my dell poweredge 800 - has a debian build.........i am getting this continuous flashing orange light on the front of my pc........i have tried everything i know of but alas nothing seems to work. Anyone have any idea why this is still flashing even though i have removed and replaced all components on the motherboard???

Desperate

Marlene Huff

phillw
February 14th, 2010, 11:12 PM
Can some help me with my dell poweredge 800 - has a debian build.........i am getting this continuous flashing orange light on the front of my pc........i have tried everything i know of but alas nothing seems to work. Anyone have any idea why this is still flashing even though i have removed and replaced all components on the motherboard???

Desperate

Marlene Huff

Hi and welcome,

There is a section specially for Dell computers. Whilst I'll happily go looking, you may find the information more quickly if you pop over to http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=342

Regards,

Phill.

tgalati4
February 14th, 2010, 11:21 PM
Some poweredge machines store faults in BIOS memory. If you don't clear those faults, they can trigger the orange blinky. You need the Dell Open Manage System Administrator for Debian. Search the web, you can download a debian package and install it using:

sudo dpkg -i omsa-version-whatever.deb

Then open the OMSA webpage, log in with your username and password. Check the hardware for fault indicators and clear them if necessary.