PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] HP pc wont boot my ubuntu cd now, worked and hour ago

sparlund
February 14th, 2010, 10:26 PM
Hi!

I am sick and tired of my laggy XP. First, i tried to install a fresh version of Xp, but it got stuck during the installation. So i thought maybe ubuntu would work better.

But the computer wont let me boot from it, and i know its correctly burnt. After i have chosen to boot from cd at first, then it should say like "press any button to boot from cd..", but that doesnt show! All i see before i enter the xp-installation again is just a white marker ticking downwards, as if it was typing some invisible text. So i guess the comp is trying to build an invirement for the cd to boot in, but is failing.

I cant run the cd from inside xp, since i have managed to format the entire drive...

I think the DVD works.

What could be the problem?

sparlund
February 15th, 2010, 11:17 AM
shameless selfbump.

Tikkyca
February 15th, 2010, 11:34 AM
Hi!

I am sick and tired of my laggy XP. First, i tried to install a fresh version of Xp, but it got stuck during the installation. So i thought maybe ubuntu would work better.

But the computer wont let me boot from it, and i know its correctly burnt. After i have chosen to boot from cd at first, then it should say like "press any button to boot from cd..", but that doesnt show! All i see before i enter the xp-installation again is just a white marker ticking downwards, as if it was typing some invisible text. So i guess the comp is trying to build an invirement for the cd to boot in, but is failing.

I cant run the cd from inside xp, since i have managed to format the entire drive...

I think the DVD works.

What could be the problem?

This is how i installed ubuntu on crappy xp,first i inserted ubuntu cd,then i restarted my pc,i selected english langauge,and choose install ubuntu,once that was clicked installation should start fast,i choosed my timezone,clean installation,and thats it,just wait for it to install :popcorn:
i hope i helped

jsriz
February 15th, 2010, 11:46 AM
only prb may be the cd is wrongly burnt try running it on another pc
or a dvd readerz prb

ill say leave the cd
you can get ubuntu up and running in say 20 min with a live usb
youll need :
ubuntu live cd image of course of the appropriate version u want 2 install
an app for windows called "unetbootin-windows"
an follow the onscreen instructions