PDA

View Full Version : Final leap-good bye microsoft

rodh
February 14th, 2010, 08:50 PM
Well, I finally took the time to Change over all my software to Opensorce, I have been wanting to for some time but had these lingering tasks like transfering all the account data and such. Now it is done and I am no longer using MS for anything. Hoorah!

speedwell68
February 14th, 2010, 08:58 PM
Well done.:D

hessiess
February 14th, 2010, 09:00 PM
Good for you.

Kai69
February 14th, 2010, 09:03 PM
Yay good on you I switched last year I just took a leap before I knew anything about OSS or linux so far im happy. We brought the kids a lappy running W7 for xmas and ive been installing OSS on it but I dont think they will make the switch completely so as well as running 9.10 on my lappy I installed Edubuntu on mine as well for them to use :p

clanky
February 14th, 2010, 09:06 PM
Yeah, congratulations, you are now truly part of the gang, please feel free to make ridiculous posts about how evil miscrosoft are, preferably including phrases l <snip>

Since when has Linux been about not using Microsoft products,to anyone other than RMS?

MooPi
February 14th, 2010, 09:07 PM
Waahoo, Congrats, liberating isn't it. I haven't jumped off the Microsoft sled just yet myself. Can't play Counter Strike or Left4Dead very well under Linux. Until that day comes, I'll have a Windows box somewhere in the house.

rodh
February 14th, 2010, 09:29 PM
Yea, I'm not much of a gamer, so I diddn't have that in the way.

aikiwolfie
February 14th, 2010, 09:34 PM
Well, I finally took the time to Change over all my software to Opensorce, I have been wanting to for some time but had these lingering tasks like transfering all the account data and such. Now it is done and I am no longer using MS for anything. Hoorah!
Microsoft will be providing your search results by proxy of Yahoo in the next version of Ubuntu.

clanky
February 14th, 2010, 09:38 PM
Microsoft will be providing your search results by proxy of Yahoo in the next version of Ubuntu.

Yeah, and if you think that's bad, just wait to see what happens when they buy Cannononical! :D

RATM_Owns
February 14th, 2010, 10:42 PM
Well, I finally took the time to Change over all my software to Opensorce
Not all Linux software is open-source. I think the default Ubuntu kernel includes binary blobs and the like. And there's other software besides that.

Warprunner
February 14th, 2010, 10:46 PM
Congrats Man!!!!!
Mine was last year. My hold-out was programming web pages. I used Microsoft Image Composer for the graphics and couldn't get it to run in Ubuntu. Finally and not sure how...it's running. Only one glitch...can't do text. Outside of that....ALL UBUNTU!!!!!!

Don't go back....find the answer when and if you get stuck! :popcorn:

gsmanners
February 14th, 2010, 10:59 PM
Yeah, congratulations, you are now truly part of the gang...

Cool! So, do we get tattoos and talk like ghetto thugs? In your mind, I mean?

:popcorn:

Honestly, doesn't it bother people to be bigoted over an operating system to the extent that you feel compelled to complain when someone even expresses joy over being liberated from the demands of unreasonable, domineering software behemoths?

jflaker
February 14th, 2010, 11:00 PM
Done....for anything else requiring windows to work...Boot up WinXP in a Virtual Machine via VirtualBox, do what I need, and get out.

ElSlunko
February 14th, 2010, 11:14 PM
I tend to begrudgingly agree with the anti-anti comments. Use what you like because you like it, not because you hate something else.