PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Empathy & Keyring

running_rabbit07
February 14th, 2010, 05:22 PM
I decided to give Empathy a try being it is the default IM program for Karmic and have run into a problem. Empathy needs to use the keyring. I have never set up the key ring and it does not except any of the passwords I try. Is there any way to reset the default key ring or have Empathy use its own sign in?

Thanks.

running_rabbit07
February 14th, 2010, 11:23 PM
Deleted inoperable program. I do not understand why programs are requiring access to the keyring. I am not reinstalling Ubuntu and formatting the /home partition just for an IM program.

goodbye-windows(tm)
August 4th, 2012, 09:52 PM
Deleted inoperable program. I do not understand why programs are requiring access to the keyring. I am not reinstalling Ubuntu and formatting the /home partition just for an IM program.

I don't blame you a single bit!!! It is now more than 2+ years after you wrote that you were given up, and I am having the same exact problem!!! No help file and no link to the developers website in the software center. The internet is full of requests for help on this issue. Yet, the problem still exists.

Some have said to click cancel instead of trying to enter a password. If i do that, it asks me for the keyring password every time I start empathy--not good!!! And, because I skipped the keyring password, empathy won't let me eistablish an account. So, it's impossible to see what empathy looks like or how it works.

And.....while the keyring request window is open, I can't even open other applications or take a screen shot to show the issue to others!!!! I can't go to dash home and search for other programs and files. I suppose this is some sort of security issue?

Ubuntu deserves better-'nuff said::>

I'm currently trying to make Pidgin run in Unity even though it is a gnome program.

Regards,

Art

wildmanne39
August 5th, 2012, 03:16 AM
Hi, this is an old thread so it has been closed please start a new thread of your own with a descriptive title.
Thanks