PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Taskbar wasted space

claudio4j
February 14th, 2010, 02:27 PM
Hi, my system
KDE 4.3.5 (kubuntu 9.10)
I see there are 3 notification icons in the taskbar that are displayed even if there are no notifications.

See the images attached.

I ask if there are any configuration to display the icons in the taskbar only if there are notifications.

Thanks

Claudio

schnelle
February 14th, 2010, 04:23 PM
KDE 4 is all about widgets. You can add widgets to desktop and to panels. So you just need to unlock them (right mouse click and choose "unlock widgets") and do with them what ever you want (add, remove, move them). So you can remove device notifier and indicator display icons (widgets) from panel. The first icon image you attached is part of system tray and I think it cannot be removed.

schnelle
February 14th, 2010, 04:26 PM
Now I read your post again and I think my answer above is not the answer you are looking for. Sorry, I am a bit sleepy ;)

JakeOfOz
March 31st, 2010, 12:00 PM
You want to know if there is a auto-hide option for those icons? I don't really know, couldn't find it myself yet. so your best option is removing them or placing them on a better location.

or: radical solution, make a new panel, set the panel itself to auto hide (panel options) and add the widgets to that panel. you can move this panel to the top of your screen

kerry_s
March 31st, 2010, 01:51 PM
look in the autostart & delete them. i'm using lubuntu, the autostart stuff is in ~/.config/autostart, not sure how kde does it.