PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Compiz/Emerald Question/Issue

crevan
February 13th, 2010, 08:03 PM
I have been noticing an issue I encounter kind of randomly. I haven't the faintest clue how to describe it either.

Clarifying my setup, I've got an Nvidia 8800, with two monitors running Emerald and Compiz, minus Xinerama, as I don't think it runs Compiz. With those I have no issues... Starting Emerald with Fusion-Icon takes care of themes and such...

The issue I have, and I wonder if anyone else has, is that on one monitor, nautilus works fine, but on the other, scrolling with a mouse wheel and the icons on the bar ... dont work. Right clicking in the folder lets me use them once, but having to do it every time is kind of a pain. And it seems to randomly shift from one monitor to the other on each restart of the computer.

Also, not nearly as important, I have mIRC/NNS running in WINE. It works perfectly except on the rare occasion that Compiz fails and crashes. If its running when it does, I have to alt-tab to a different window and then back to type. Restarting it fixes the issue, but I'm more curious if anyone has anything similar to these issues...

So.. Comments? Similar experiences? Perhaps a fix? D: