PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Empathy - "On the Phone" AIM users

buddyd16
February 12th, 2010, 10:36 PM
Is it possible to get empathy to differentiate between online AIM users and "on the phone" AIM users, "on the phone" AIM users are those people who at some point or another added there mobile phone number to there AIM profile and the AIM protocal reports them as "on the phone" to the AIM program and once a message is sent to that user it automatically sends it as a text message to the users phone. Pidgin does this automatically but I would like to get this in empathy as it appears that is the direction Ubuntu is headed.

It has become rather annoying for myself and some of my friends to receive a text message to there phone when I write them a message thinking that they are actually signed on.

LowSky
February 12th, 2010, 11:12 PM
Why not use pidgin?

buddyd16
February 12th, 2010, 11:31 PM
I am all for using Pidgin but the Ubuntu developers seem to have provided more integration with Empathy and it sounds like Empathy will be the default messenger from now on.

Tahakki
February 12th, 2010, 11:33 PM
Right now, in Karmic at least, Pidgin is pretty much the same in terms of integration. Not sure what the Me Menu will change, though.