PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried the ZaReason Hoverboard 1361?

Murrquan
February 12th, 2010, 08:03 AM
This thing: LINK (http://www.zareason.com/shop/product.php?productid=16221&cat=250&page=1)

Has anyone tried it out? Because it looks very nice. I just can't afford the restocking fee if I try it and decide I don't like it. Like, is its battery life really 3 hours? Are the fan noise / heating real bad? And can it run GNOME-Do Docky at a smooth framerate?

Anyone? Who's used this machine or one like it, either way. >.> I hear they use mostly ASUS hardware ...

Gallahhad
February 12th, 2010, 08:19 AM
ZaReason is a pretty friendly company, I'd recommend asking them straight up, I think they are the sort to give you straight up answers. Of course, there is always the risk they would be biased; but so far I have not known of anyone having a negative ZaReason experience.

Murrquan
February 12th, 2010, 08:54 AM
ZaReason is a pretty friendly company, I'd recommend asking them straight up, I think they are the sort to give you straight up answers. Of course, there is always the risk they would be biased; but so far I have not known of anyone having a negative ZaReason experience.

I actually did ask them if Docky had a smooth framerate, over their contacts form. They never got back to me on that.

Does anyone who's used a similar machine know? It's got a 1.2 GHz CULV Celeron, with an Intel 4500 MHD graphics processor.

3rdalbum
February 12th, 2010, 11:35 AM
That thing looks pretty good. The screen is maybe a little bigger than I'd like, and the 8-cell battery is rather expensive compared to the 9 cell battery I bought for my Aspire One. Oh, and I never buy complex electronics online - too much hassle getting warranty returns and repairs. But if this was in a local retail store I'd jump at it.