PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Help compiling lm-sensors

Mark_in_Hollywood
February 12th, 2010, 04:01 AM
According to the INSTALL file I d/l-d from LM-Sensors webpage http://www.lm-sensors.org/wiki/Download, the only command necessary to compile is as follows:

Compilation
===========

At the top of the Makefile are a couple of configuration variables that
you may want to change. There's a description of what each variable does
in the Makefile itself.

Compilation is done by `make all'. You will get a lot of warnings about files which are not found, all ending in `.*d'. You can safely ignore this; they contain dependency information, which is regenerated on the spot.

`make install' installs the package (to /usr/local by default).

I cannot get that to run. I have extracted the tar.bz2, I have put the lm-sensors-xxxx into /usr/local/src/ and the terminal says back to me:

mark@Lexington-19-Karmic:/usr/local/src/lm_sensors-3.1.2$ sudo make all
Makefile:175: lib/data.ld: No such file or directory
Makefile:175: lib/general.ld: No such file or directory
Makefile:175: lib/error.ld: No such file or directory
Makefile:175: lib/access.ld: No such file or directory
Makefile:175: lib/init.ld: No such file or directory
Makefile:175: lib/sysfs.ld: No such file or directory
Makefile:175: lib/conf-parse.ld: No such file or directory
Makefile:175: lib/conf-lex.ld: No such file or directory
Makefile:175: lib/data.ad: No such file or directory
Makefile:175: lib/general.ad: No such file or directory
Makefile:175: lib/error.ad: No such file or directory
Makefile:175: lib/access.ad: No such file or directory
Makefile:175: lib/init.ad: No such file or directory
Makefile:175: lib/sysfs.ad: No such file or directory
Makefile:175: lib/conf-parse.ad: No such file or directory
Makefile:175: lib/conf-lex.ad: No such file or directory
Makefile:175: prog/sensors/main.rd: No such file or directory
Makefile:175: prog/sensors/chips.rd: No such file or directory
Makefile:175: prog/dump/util.rd: No such file or directory
Makefile:175: prog/dump/isadump.rd: No such file or directory
Makefile:175: prog/dump/isaset.rd: No such file or directory
Makefile:175: prog/dump/superio.rd: No such file or directory
gcc -M -MG -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I. -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef prog/dump/superio.c | \
sed -e 's@^\(.*\)\.o:@prog/dump/superio.rd prog/dump/superio.ro: Makefile '`dirname prog/dump/superio.rd`/Module.mk' @' > prog/dump/superio.rd
gcc -M -MG -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I. -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef prog/dump/isaset.c | \
sed -e 's@^\(.*\)\.o:@prog/dump/isaset.rd prog/dump/isaset.ro: Makefile '`dirname prog/dump/isaset.rd`/Module.mk' @' > prog/dump/isaset.rd
gcc -M -MG -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I. -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef prog/dump/isadump.c | \
sed -e 's@^\(.*\)\.o:@prog/dump/isadump.rd prog/dump/isadump.ro: Makefile '`dirname prog/dump/isadump.rd`/Module.mk' @' > prog/dump/isadump.rd
gcc -M -MG -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I. -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef prog/dump/util.c | \
sed -e 's@^\(.*\)\.o:@prog/dump/util.rd prog/dump/util.ro: Makefile '`dirname prog/dump/util.rd`/Module.mk' @' > prog/dump/util.rd
gcc -M -MG -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I. -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef prog/sensors/chips.c | \
sed -e 's@^\(.*\)\.o:@prog/sensors/chips.rd prog/sensors/chips.ro: Makefile '`dirname prog/sensors/chips.rd`/Module.mk' @' > prog/sensors/chips.rd
gcc -M -MG -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I. -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef prog/sensors/main.c | \
sed -e 's@^\(.*\)\.o:@prog/sensors/main.rd prog/sensors/main.ro: Makefile '`dirname prog/sensors/main.rd`/Module.mk' @' > prog/sensors/main.rd
bison -p sensors_yy -d lib/conf-parse.y -o lib/conf-parse.c
make: bison: Command not found
make: *** [lib/conf-parse.c] Error 127

Can someone point me in the right direction, please? Also, I have the AMD K10 thermal sensor.

Someone else got it to work, per this forum at:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1371593&highlight=lm-sensors

but there is nothing of how-to.

I got this idea from a post which read:

Ah right. Sounds like there's no support for your hardware in the version of lm-sensors that's in Karmic (and probably not in the Lucid one, either)

It is supposed to be in the pipeline though.

If you're feeling game you could try downloading and compiling the latest version of lm-sensors direct from the project:

http://www.lm-sensors.org/wiki/Download

Mustard
February 12th, 2010, 04:08 AM
Off the top of my head I'd say its looking for bison and its not installed. If I wasnt inclined to read the instructions, I would install an application called bison using synaptic and try to compile again.

Sometimes you find there is a -dev version of an application in synaptic. So if you find a bison-dev app in Synaptic, install that too! :)

I'd call this Mustard's Hit and Miss method of compilation. ;)

Mark_in_Hollywood
February 12th, 2010, 04:25 AM
Call it Mustard or whatever, I installed bison, tried it again and it faile dwith the same error messages.

Mustard
February 12th, 2010, 04:34 AM
Call it Mustard or whatever, I installed bison, tried it again and it faile dwith the same error messages.

Heh..well that would be the 'miss' part. :)

Mustard
February 12th, 2010, 04:40 AM
There is also bison++ or bisonc++ in repos...I would give them a go...until you get a hit. :)

Anubis
March 17th, 2010, 03:07 PM
You did not follow the simple directions included in the archive.

"I have put the lm-sensors-xxxx into /usr/local/src/ "<<

I don't recall the instructions telling me to extract to /usr/local so I did not. I extracted to a regular folder. Sudo make install will put the files where needed.

Mark_in_Hollywood
May 25th, 2010, 08:33 PM
I solved the problem of having to compile a kernel module by upgrading to a more recent kernel.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1491406